Spaceman Steve - A Retro Arena Style Game in Progress

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shebinc, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Shebinc

Shebinc Member

Sep 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

Spaceman Steve is upcoming 8 bit arena type game (think Super Crate Box). The game features Spaceman Steve as he must help stop a robot invasion! (By collecting coins of course)

[​IMG]

Still very much a work in progress but I'm polishing up it's first level: "Launchpad". It has a very basic layout that is easy to move around and serves as the first level. Every so often a rocket will fly by that shakes the whole screen.

Eventually hoping to add:
    2 more levels
    Powerups
    Achievements
    More enemies
    And much more

I'll keep updating this thread as I get closer and closer to finishing. If you have any ideas let me know!

2. Shebinc

Shebinc Member

Sep 17, 2009
    #2 Shebinc, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

As you can see, now you can collect some kind of power up that adds color to the world. It also allows you to be hit and not die instantly. The idea will be that the music will also become more upbeat when you collect it. Soon there will be also a third stage of the power up and the whole level will go psychedelic!

3. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    This looks cool :)
    What sort of enemies are there?

4. Shebinc

Shebinc Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Well right now it's just the basic ones you see. I'm hoping to add a robot with a jet pack that will always be moving towards your position and maybe an "armored" one that takes a few hits to kill.

I'm also hoping to add some interactivity with the background of the levels. Kind of like the levels in super smash bros.