Help with Modern Combat: Sandstorm

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eagleglen, Oct 2, 2009.

1. eagleglen

eagleglen New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Hello,

Can anyone provide some hints to get past the 4th level in Modern Combat Sandstorm. It's the level where you have to protect the palace. I've gotten the RPG and destroyed the tanks in the front and I've help Dozer on the left side and made it to Fox on the right, but then I always run out of time. Any suggestions. I'm going as fast as I can but I think I must be missing something.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I've been stuck on this level forever.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's not a timed mission -- the Palace health meter goes down as it takes damage from RPGs and tanks. Make sure to kill any RPG wielding enemies first before taking down anyone else (except when you're shooting at tanks). You'll hear one of your buddies yell "RPG!" and you'll see an enemy with a big green arrow over his head. One thing I found effective is using your healthy supply of grenades to take out the RPG guys, which game me more time to shoot at everyone else.

I've been playing on hard from the beginning and taking my time, so I just finished that level. I should warn you: level 5 is also pretty tough.

3. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I don't see what you are doing wrong. Always target the tanks and RPG's first. They do real damage to your palace. I finished game on extreme and found the hospital mission much harder than this.

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, destroy the tanks first, and generally do what you're told.
    I have completed the game on all difficulties, and found the hospital mission and last truck driving mission to be the hardest. Great game though.