Call of Duty ELITE IOS App

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Trysis3, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Will update as soon as the app is out!

2. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Awesome been waiting ages for this!!!!

3. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Too bad there is no ELITE for the PC ver. At the moment :(

4. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    As an "founding member" of Elite, I can say it's absolute arse.

The only redeeming feature of it is that you get all the DLC. Other than that, it's useless. Everytime I go onto the Elite Website, it errors all over the place, stats rarely match what the 360 is saying, the update times are horrendous.

This is AFTER the horrible mess that was Elite at launch. The biggest joke is the whole "improve" section. Perhaps the overview of the maps is somewhat useful (and you could probably see them online somewhere for free), but the rest is garbage, like the "gun" section.

Who knows, maybe this mobile app will redeem the whole loss of 60$ for me, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    What's really sad is I bought the hardened edition, then didn't realize my son was logged into the xbox and redeemed my code on his account. He's 10. He doesn't play CoD. :(

What makes matters all the worse is that my understanding is that because we have a Family gold account, it is not possible for me to even download the DLC in his account, for me to then use - sub accounts are not allowed to download M-rated DLC even if given permission to access M-rated games and other content. I haven't actually tested this out, it's just what I've read was the case - no M-rated DLC purchases/download for sub-accounts. I am certainly going to try once the first DLC for MW3 is released. Hopefully I can download it and then use the DLC myself.

6. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Is this just for the paid version of the Elite service? I can't remember how that all works for the life of me.

7. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Everyone can use Elite-none payers founders etc
    Agreed it was complete pants at launch lol and still has issues now-all i want is clan xp to launch and challenges etc-been waiting months for this

8. yanmoyiie

yanmoyiie New Member

Sep 2, 2011

Too bad there is no ELITE for the PC ver.

9. phazer89

phazer89 Well-Known Member

I haven't actually used Elite on the 360 before since it's not available in my region (last I checked, which was quite some time ago), but after they sorted the whole mess out the website has been loading fine for me though.

Ouch. I doubt it would work but you could try contacting support and see if they can transfer the account for you. Based on this post, different accounts on the same console should be able to access the DLC, but whether or not you can download it on your son's account is another story. I thought there was a minimum age to register on Elite though. :confused:

This is probably just the mobile version of the website/console app, i.e. you can access all the free features (stat tracking etc.).

10. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Lol EAs/Dices Battlelog for Battlefield 3 is leaps and bounds ahead of Elite. The best thing; its completely free!

11. Dr. Deviation

Dr. Deviation Active Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Brace yourselves, this will be the epic fanboy battle of our time :rolleyes:

I too happen to have a complaint: why the flippidy heck does such a low-ram app need iOS 4.3 and above?