Game Update Problem

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Djay187, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Hi everyone, first post here so I hope my question doesn't make to much of a fool of myself.
    Anyway iTunes says I need to update Scribblenauts Remix, mines 1.2.3 to 1.3 and Dead Space (World), mines 1.03 to 1.3.10 but no matter what I try, whether from iTunes on my PC or from the App store on my Touch they don't update.
    Wasn't to long winded was it and if I'm doing something stupid any help would be appreciated, never had this kind problem before.
    Cheers.

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Is your iPod up to date with the latest iOS?

3. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    did you try to update from your phone? that might work....or if you REALLY have to erase both and redownload as if you were buying them again...and you wont be charged and they will be updated...BUT bye bye saves:mad:...good luck ;)

4. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Yeah my Touch is 4th gen 8g IOS 5.01, I've tried deleting the apps and re-downloading them, I've tried updating from the touch and the PC. The only thing I've not tried is deleting and downloading from the app store on the touch.
    Keep your suggestion coming.
    Thanks.

5. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    #5 Djay187, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    Ok this driving me Fxxxxxx insane, I've tried deleting both games from iTunes and downloading them again, same result, no update.
    I've tried deleting them from both iTunes and my Touch then using the App Store to install them on the Touch, when I sync back to iTunes once again no update.
    When I click on the check for updates in iTunes it says there isn't any but when I check in the app store they still have the update option, I'm at a total loss, if anyone has any more ideas or help that would be great.
    Cheers,

6. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    I'm sorry to bump this topic but has no one got any ideas what's happening to me. I'm not a total noob when it comes to Touch's, I JBed my 2nd gen but decided not to on my 4th gen (perhaps I should).
    I've used flash cards on my DS put CFW on my PSP, I'm not trying to show off but I'm just saying I do know my around these devices a fair bit.
    I had the same thing with Age of Barbarians wouldn't update through iTunes so I stuck it on my Touch and updated using app store, worked fine but Scribblenauts and Dead Space won't update no matter what I do.
    Please has no one any suggestions as to what's happening.

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    My random guess is you probably don't have enough space on your device to update them, it roughly takes about double the size of the IPA file to be able to install it.

8. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Ok that might account for the Touch, even though I deleted loads of apps to make extra room but what about iTunes on my PC where I've got gigs of space.

9. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I actually just checked dead space on my itunes and it has an update button there instead of downloaded. I'd say Apples probably messed up somewhere and to forget about it.

I don't believe it's a new update as I have gamecenter etc I think itunes is just wacky.

10. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Thanks for your response Teknikal, I don't suppose you could tell me what version your dead space is,especially in itunes and your touch if possible. Mines 1.03 and it has world in brackets next to the name.

11. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Right I think something really strange is happening with my iTunes, it's saying my version of EPOCH is 7301.169 and Infinity Blade is 7918.10, there's other apps with huge numbers like that so I think I'll assume my apps are up to date and iTunes is just weird.

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    For Dead Space my IPA in itunes is 1.0.3 the store shows 1.3.10 but I think their the same version even though update is showing on the page. I'm just assuming as usual apple just can't do servers right or has for some reason done it deliberately.

Makes no sense I know but I'm on the latest itunes up to date and I'm seeing the same as you. I'm not going to let it bother me unless I see something new mentioned I don't have.