One Man Army - Tower Defense / Shooter Hybrid

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TickledPinkGames, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 TickledPinkGames, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    Chillingo and Tickled Pink Games present One Man Army, a tower defense and action-packed shooter hybrid coming to the App Store with full retina display!

We are currently in the testing phase of the game and we are estimating that it will be available on the App Store in early May, taking into account Apple’s approval process. We have been working hard on this game for well over a year and can’t wait until it is released.

Just added gameplay video:

And some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A gameplay video will be coming soon. Love to hear some feedback!

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Well this came out of the blue! Does this control like Pro Zombie Soccer?

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Wow. That looks amazing. Day one buy for me. :)

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    One concern: will your towers have health? I hate to rebuild towers...

5. arta - No it doesn't play like Pro Zombie Soccer. There's not really any games out there that I've played that has a similar gameplay. It's a shooter where your main character uses hand weapons to shoot (by tapping on screen) and also you build and upgrade towers. Simultaneously they both destroy the mutants :)

gunxsword - No your towers don't have health. We feel the same way about having to repair or rebuild your towers!

6. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yes! I never liked those either.

7. bryvia

bryvia New Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Wow looks sweet. I'm buying this one for sure :)

The weapons look pretty cool but what's that side bar above them for?

8. blackeyed87

blackeyed87 Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Nice, it's actually one man and a few helping turrets army but good anyhow.
    Can't wait it's release. Keep up the good work.

9. Atischery

Atischery Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Great one....Does it have OpenFeint leaderboard and achievements?

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    My only concern for this game is this: will this game have one man army noob tubes? Lol

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    This is what HardGore would have been.. ofcourse a diff theme

12. nantas

nantas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Designer at aBitGames Studio
    Xiamen
    UI and menu are looking very good
    Great work :)

13. Ya we were thinking of including the 'few turrets' thing into the title but figured it wasn't as catchy or epic then ;)

Atischery - There will be leaderboards and achievements through Crystal. Originally we were using OpenFeint but since we are publishing with Chillingo we have to use Crystal. We are actually debugging that right now and then it will be ready for final testing!

bryvia - The sidebar above the weapons is the machine guns overheating feature. When it fills up it loses it's automatic feature so you have to lift your finger briefly.

Jdragoon19 - There are noob tubes if you mean a bazooka but they don't show up until later levels and are pretty expensive in comparison to other weapons. You have to be wise how you use them :)

14. New Gameplay Video

We have basically finished the game and are just going through beta testing with Chillingo right now. Hope to send it off to Apple in the next week or so. Here is a gameplay video to see what it's really like in action :)

Would love to hear any feedback, we are already planning for updates so any input is appreciated!

15. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Nice, it looks amazing :) btw how do u shoot enemies? Do u just tap them and u automatically shoot?

16. There are two ways to control your main multiburst weapon, 1 is just tapping on screen and your weapon automatically shoots in that direction, or you can tap below the character and the character is like a pivot for the weapon. You move left and the gun rotates right, etc. For the other weapons like grenade and bazooka you just tap where you want them to explode. That's why I wanted to do a gameplay video where you can see the finger in there, hopefully it makes a little more sense as to what's going on that way!

17. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Day one buy for me........lol

Awesome game!!!!!!!

18. A line-up of the 13 mutants in game. 6 are bosses and 7 show up throughout. They all have special features!

[​IMG]

19. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Um, thats only 12. Unless, those balls are enemies? :confused:

20. The balls are mutants, I know they don't quite look like mutants :) The purple balls go with the mech crawler as a boss and the red balls go alone so they are a separate mutant. The purple ones are kind of separate too, the crawler spits them out of it's belly and they can only be killed with your basic multiburst weapon.