Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    #23421 Flip1329, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Are you my twin? Lol!! I could have wrote your post. Those are the exact games I play as well! Do you despise the princess yet? And good luck with emerald!

Ok, back to topic. Thanks for all the gifts Dom, Kat, Danjarus, and Annuaia, and anyone I forgot. I still have the sets if someone wants them whole or part. :)

2. javaRich

javaRich Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    #23422 javaRich, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Plus+

Hi Lisianne,

I've had the same problem as well. What I've been doing recently to solve the disappearing Friends list on Pocket Frogs involves two other Nimblebit/Plus+ games I have installed on my iPhone.

I have Dizzypad, Moon Drop and Pocket Frogs on the phone. All three share an identical list of Plus+ Friends and info. When the Pocket Frogs list starts acting up I sign into Dizzypad and/or Moon Drop then wait for Plus+ to update itself to the most recent Plus+ information I have on Pocket Frogs which is the game I play most on the phone.

When I return to Pocket Frogs the Neighbors/Friends list is intact and works properly. I don't have to re-build the Friends list or delete then re-install Pocket Frogs. Hope this is helpful! :)

3. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Thanks so much, java, for taking the time to respond to my question. Nice to think I'm not alone but even nicer to find a solution short of uninstalling PF which always frightens me just a bit.

I've d/led Dizzypads & logged in. Not looking for another game at this point, though. When it reoccurs, I'll try your solution. Easier to gamble with a game in which I have nothing invested than with one I've been playing for over a year.

I do keep up with/read this thread at least every other day but, even when I was writing here on a regular basis, I really was always an outlier, never a 'dexer. Essentially missing that special, dedicated "gamer" gene.

One thing I appreciate is knowing who already has a set so when I have a set to gift I can send it on to someone who doesn't already have it. Some people put that info in their descriptions like me but with most, unless they post here, it's a guessing game.

So, thanks again java for your assistance. And thanks to the many of you here who continue to trade with me (Shasta, Dom, Elektra, Snappy, Andi, Laura, danj, Nirtew, & dlstar, among others). Your gifting moderation allows me to play PF without feeling stressed - to enjoy the game.

4. javaRich

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Wasn't a 'dexer myself until I joined the forum, it's good to see you are still playing! :)

5. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    lisianne, I have also experienced the exact same bug where I could see neighbors, but no info and couldn't enter their habitats.

Then one day due to a network glitch, I got signed out of Plus+. When I signed back in, all was fixed. It hasn't happened again to test if logging out, and back in on Plus+ is always a fix, but it's worth a try.

javaRich's fix of logging into Plus+ from another game probably does a similar thing with their network as logging out, and back in from Pocket Frogs, so it seems like a plausible solution, and possibly less steps than having to switch games.

6. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks to Dom for the four Blue, a Violet, a White and a Black Puncti!,
    JavaRich for a Marine Biplex,
    Gracesqx for an Emerald Bulla,

and anyone else who sent gifts! :)

A good evening to everyone.

7. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

The princess doesn't bother me much, I like the bonuses and those powerhouse floors they get you! Emerald dragon is killing me, currently have 14 and 48 hour fails breeding. Still only have one Panlong, and I gave up and bought a plasma.

Now, to get back on topic (;-)) must go and see what this weeks set is! Almost forgot it was Thursday....

Cheers, dlstar.

8. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I also have the same issues and never looked into a solution other than patience. I will try Java's suggestion and provide the results.

On another note, I have less than 500 to go in my quest to join the 100% club. Working on the lowest level breeds for completion so I am sorry if I am gifting them.

9. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Way to go Domenic. You are almost there and waiting for the victory annoucement:) 499,498,497,496.......

10. nickmorgs

nickmorgs Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Hi Guys,

Resisted the urge to get involved with Pocket Frogs but now made the jump.

If anyone has any helpful tips or stuff they can send my way to help me get going i'd be grateful !

Cheers,
    Nick.

Plus+ ID: nickmorgs99

11. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Thanks, DeanKeith & Dom, for chiming in on the issue. Guess it was pretty widespread. According to NB it is unlikely to change since they altered the code on purpose to prevent people from losing friends. They never intended the status part of the game to be integral to its function. That's something they may regret in retrospect as so many games have social components.

Not sure how "patience" helped, Dom, since once the status disappeared it never reappeared - not with me, at least. That's why I sought a solution. Do let us know how java's solution works for you.

You are sooooo close to finishing PF, it's exciting! And scary. You'd be re-energized if NB were to release an update but that's likely to come 3rd, after Pocket Planes & then Tiny Tower. Would you remain an active forum member? Would you drop into lurker mode? Would you move on to another game?

Whatever you decide, it will have been a fun time together & your generosity will not soon be forgotten.

p.s.: Thanks to Snappy for the Royal Bulbus & Azure Lucus, Dom for the Glass Puncti , Red Marinus, Marine Puncti, & Blue Velatus, java for the Aqua Signum, & laura for the Black Veru.

12. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Now where do I begin...sorry Java, not working for me. Now even my patience method is not working. Oh well, I guess I just have o add people when I gift my batches.

I do not plan to play any other games as my free time is scarce with the opening of a new business, playing golf, and just purchased a major "fixer upper" at the beach. I will stay available to help anyone On this forum.

I do have four of this week's sets available. Please let me know who needs them. In whole or part.

13. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    I'd like her better if she didn't only give the things I need to get the floors when I was too slow! Lol. I think I got emerald, fingers crossed.

That's really exciting Dom! I'm still at 10% with the dex.

I'm going to clear out the old sets I have to make room for this one so if anyone needs them his is last call! Need to be gone tomorrow.

14. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    #23434 Domenic15, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Welcome! I believe the correct phrase is "You made the hop".
    I will be sending you some low level frogs to start. The only reason is, those are the only ones I am presently working on in my quest for 100%.
    I am sending you the Mermorial set to get you up and running also.

15. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Good morning all!

Thanks to Snappy for the recent Lanterna gifts. I believe there is a Lanterna achievement, so I may make a run at that.

If anyone has the Bulbus frogs from the Memorial set, I'd love to grab them if possible. I'll breed the other two set pieces that I need. Plus+ ID: Theamazingdave. Thanks in advance of course, and please let me know what I can return for the goodies.

Dave

16. javaRich

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Solution

Hi Domenic15,

No problem...I'll try any solution to this persistent issue with the Friends/Neighbors information on Pocket Frogs.

Congratulations again for near completion of the FroggyDex. I had no idea of how challenging this would be! And Thanks for all of the frogs, I'm almost at 39% in the FroggyDex. :D

Much success (and enjoyment!) to you in all of your endeavors! :)

17. javaRich

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Memorial Day

Dlstar and Flip1329...working on a second Emerald dragon and no luck with Plasma yet. ;)

I do have the Memorial Day set ready in time for the weekend and can send it on if anyone is interested.

I hope Everyone enjoys the long weekend! :)

18. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    #23438 dean288367, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Dlstar, Flip1329 and JavaRich have at least one of all and now waiting to see what Pearl will require. In the mean time working on quezt in another game. ;)

Dlstar sent you the Bulbus you needed for this week's set:)

19. Domenic15

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I sent the set. Enjoy

20. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Thanks to JavaRich for the Memorial Day set and a Marine Glacio and two Marine Biplex!
    Dom for the multiple Pink, Royal, two Aqua, two Green, three Emerald, and three Marine Marmorea!
    Kat9701 for the thirteen Red Signum!
    Lisi for a Green Ligo and Vinaceus!
    Andi for a Blue Amfractus,
    Maholah for the Black Veru,
    Gracesqx for an Azure Bulla,
    Milow for a Pizza set!,
    Mamafrogz for a White Lanterna,

and anyone else who sent gifts!

A good evening to all.