ITouch 3g or iTouch 4g 32GB for music use ONLY?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by FriedSushi, Jan 3, 2013.

1. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    How is the sound quality of the itouch 3g vs the itouch 4g? If there is no difference, then all other specs do not matter since i dont care about the graphics or run speed since music will run fast enough.

Since i have an iPhone 5, the only reason i want a iTouch is for music (32GB, iphone only has 16GB). The iTouch 3g is $40-$60 cheaper used on amazon.

Long story on why im getting an itouch for music only. To make it short, i lose my 4g at a new years eve party, have no idea where it is and dont remember the second half of that night. I cant tell my mom i lost it since she would know something was up (really strict about drinking).

So i think im giving a friend money to buy one off amazon for me. Using my own money, i want to save a bit if i can.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If you want a good music only player just get a Sansa MP3 player. Expandable storage and a fraction of the price + more durable.

3. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    I have to replace the one i have, cant let my mom know i lost it. She wont be able to notice the lack of camera on the 3G, which is why i am considering it. I feel like 2G is just too old to buy now.

Any other form of music players is off limits since she would easily be able to tell my ipod is gone

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Oh. Must've missed that part in your post :eek:

I highly doubt there's any difference in sound quality between the itouch 3 and 4. Google is your friend if you really want to be sure, though.

5. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    Could not understand the terms people used in the posts i found haha. But from the people who ive asked they said there is no noticeable difference.

6. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Why don't you just use your iPhone 5, it's more likely to be taken to more places then the iPod. :p

7. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    I keep both in my pocket, iPhone 5 cant fit all my music (16GB)

8. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    #8 Slaysme, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    I don't want to condone lying, but since you already kind of are, why not say it was stolen? Alternately, You don't have to be iniebriated to loose stuff. Otherwise, just get a 2nd gen( you did say music only) and use iTunes Match on your phone for music. or even a broken one. Then It was broken when you tripped.

Kids these days have no Imagination,

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    If you just want music Apples actually a bad choice unless your really tied into iTunes, I'd look into a cowon player if that's all I wanted as they have the best sound quality but if you do really want an iPod I've a 3rd gen and my gf's got an iPhone and they seem to be just about identical soundwise.

10. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I have a 2nd gen iPod, and either it was my Sony headphones or the overall sound was TERRIBLE.

11. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    there's definitely a sound quality difference between 2nd and 4th gen. but 3rd and 4th, not really.

also, the ipod classic isnt bad either, but it is harder to browse a large library without a touchscreen.