Do you keep your finished games installed "just in case" the dev updates them?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GadgetGuru72, Dec 17, 2009.

1. GadgetGuru72

GadgetGuru72 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Just curious if you all keep your finished games installed on your iPhone "just in case" the developer updates them?

I only have room for 15 more apps before I will have to start deleting some. I have a bunch of games on my iPhone that I have completely finished, but I am hesitant to delete them. If the developer were to release an update with new levels, I'd have to start from scratch if I removed the game from the phone.

So, just curious to know what everyone else does.

2. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I have a cydia app that backs up my save progresses on apps so if I delete them I don't have to worry about restarting them.

:)

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It depends on how much I enjoy the game and if it has replayablity. So technically, yes.

4. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    this

5. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Mind to tell me the name of that app? I keep most games on the device, developers often add more puzzles and stuff. For Example Totemo got 32 new Puzzles delivered in an update.

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    The one I use is called AppBackup, its so incredibly quick & easy I love it. Takes mere seconds for it to back the game's data up; its pretty handy.

7. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Thanks, gonna try it. :)

8. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Yeah that's the one, very easy to use, and so very useful.

I wish there was a way to compress games/apps for further use so the don't take up as much space, but they're there if you need them.

9. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Well, I've never deleted a paid app.

10. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Well if you're keeping a paid app on your iPod just because you paid for it [I know that feeling :p] just use AppBackup, then you can delete them and keep their data :)

11. jyhjyh

jyhjyh Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Denmark
    I delete the apps on my Ipod Touch - but keep them in iTunes on my PC.
    This way I can keep the apps updated and install them on my Touch again if I want.

12. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    ahah, so do I
    although I should delete tiki towers. I owned it and it's unlikely that there will be new content.