Space Station: Frontier - sci fi strategy from Origin8's Sentinel team! Submitted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Repair Drone, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repair Drone

Repair Drone Well-Known Member

#1 Repair Drone, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
    Next up from Origin8 - Space Station: Frontier! If you liked either Sentinel game you'll love this one: it's not a Tower Defense, but it IS a sci fi themed strategy game that will appeal to TD fans, and it's set in the Sentinel universe! EDIT: Video's here!

[hqyoutube]UsRiezi2gjo[/hqyoutube]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

We've got a couple more screenshots at the Space Station: Frontier website. The game has been submitted to Apple for approval and we expect it to launch at $2.99 or regional equivalent. If you want a taste of what this team's done before, Sentinel: Mars Defense is currently FREE!

2. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Finally it has been submitted. I've been beta testing it and I can tell you it's awesome. The way you build your base, by connecting power nodes to build a kind of cable, is a very interesting thing. Be careful not to let your enemies kill a node in your cable, or the rest of the cable is without power. Better build a Node-Network instead of one line. This bypasses the problem of dying nodes a bit.

Oh, and when it's out, one tip for you. If you get killed by hordes of enemies, just build more harvesters and less turrets at the beginning. This way you earn crystals faster, which gives you an advantage. Most beta players (including me :D) played a bit slow and we repeatedly were overrun by the alien forces.

No more to say right now, but the game is a must-buy!

3. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    looks great!!!! any chance of some video???:)

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yeah, i beta'd too, but i got stuck on 4th lvl

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    +1 to all of this! :D

The graphics and premise of the game are really neat. You've got 3 modes of play including campaign, survival, and mining. You get to earn cash and purchase different weapons and upgrades.

Yes, the game is definitely challenging...which is a good thing! :)

6. Repair Drone

;)

As I noted when we advertised for beta testers: game contains repair drones. It's a winner by default!

7. Repair Drone

Video! Also now in first post.

[hqyoutube]UsRiezi2gjo[/hqyoutube]​

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So clearly this is the game you were BORN to make, eh?

Also as a proud beta tester I can give this a big thumbs up!

It has resource management, base design, and some cool Castle Defense aspects!

You have limited resources with bigger and badder invading fleets trying to destroy your poor little mining outpost. Do you go all out and create a wall of laser turrets or focus your resources more on creating miners.

It even has a cool career feel to it as your butt kicking in in the various game modes translates into credits to spend on space station research and development for new and improved components to play with your next attempt in any of the game's modes.

9. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I like Sci-Fi. I like building space stations. I like strategy. It does seem to be a very interesting take on base defense games for the iPhone. I will keep my eyes out for this one.

Do the turrets rotate or do they always shoot in one direction? I was trying to find a rotating turret in the video, but could not find one.

10. Beezle

Beezle Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
  11. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    There are three turret types. Two turrets are actually attacking, one shoots Lasers/Bullets at an enemy (it can shoot at any direction, but only shoot one enemy at the same time), the other one shoots rockets (can shoot at any direction too, but it has long reload time. Rockets damage all units who are near the detonation). The third turret type is the Interceptor Laser. This laser can stop enemy rockets (some bigger alien ships fire rockets), but it must reload, too. So having some of them on every end of your base might be helpful.

12. poesmij

poesmij Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    oeh nice!
    really looking forward to this!
    sentinal were great games!

13. twentyone

twentyone Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    ya, looking forward to this. It looks unique and fun! Good to hear all the positive comments from the beta testers.

14. Repair Drone

Yep, all weapons have a 360 degree field of fire. There's a circle indicating their range when you place or select them.

15. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...and you'll definitely want to upgrade them during a game...that will nicely extend their range...and your survival ;)

16. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Thanks for all the replies regarding the turrets. Sounding good! Good job to beta testers on the positive feedback. :)