If Nintendo...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spartanmastah, Jul 31, 2011.

1. spartanmastah

spartanmastah Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    If Nintendo supported the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, What games would you want to see?.

2. Haliaeetus

Haliaeetus Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Math Graduate Student
    Well this is complete fantasy because they won't, but I want to see Earthbound. I wish they'd port Earthboumd to anything. I'd pay for a mobile device whose sole purpose was to run Earthbound!

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Super Mario 64!!!!

4. Neptunes

Neptunes Active Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Virginia
    GoldenEye 007 :)

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Not really up to Nintendo even if they did support iOS...

6. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    It definitely won't happen. Definitely.

But that aside- Animal Crossing, Metroid, Rhythm Heaven, Kirby and any mario platformer

7. Nothing comes close to beating the authentic Pokemon and Mario experience .

8. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Classic Nintendo arcade games! Mario Brothers, Popeye, Donkey Kong/Kong Jr./Kong 3, and countless others. Even if they didn't release any of their classic console or GameBoy games on iOS, the arcade titles wouldn't be in any danger of causing them to lose 3DS sales.

9. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    seriously? light gun games :)

also, wario ware!

10. spartanmastah

May 23, 2011
    #10 spartanmastah, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    Personally I want:

-A New Mario game (3D or 2D), aswell as a Remake of Super Mario 64.

-A New Wario Land game, aswell as a Remake of Wario Land 3 (hey,The Wario Land games are quite fun)

-A new, 2D Metroid game (Perhaps the supposed "Metroid Dread")

-The upcoming "Kirby Wii" game, Albeit Enhanced (Since iOS devices are Far more capable then the Wii)

-A remake of Earthbound, With HD Sprites. (Like Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix)

-A remake of Zelda: Majora's Mask, aswell as a New Zelda game.

Thing is, this may happen. Why?, Because the Nintendo 3DS is failing. So Nintendo may be forced to make games for iOS.

And all of this, would be for the Upcoming iPad 3, As it's going to be a Graphical Beast (Though it would also be for the Other iOS devices aswell, Albeit downgraded).

11. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    The old Mario games.
    This will never happen though.

12. IndieApp

IndieApp Member

Jul 11, 2011
    London
    If (and thats a big "if") this does happen then you can guarantee it won't be by the time the iPad 3 comes out. Sure the 3DS isn't doing well but both the DS and the Wii did phenomenally so Nintendo can afford to take one or two hits on their consoles. Remember the Virtual Boy, N64 and Gamecube? Thats 3 poorly selling consoles Nintendo did in a row and they still managed to carry on. They have the Wii U coming out next year and I'd say if Nintendo were to stop exclusively developing for their own consoles then it would be at the end of the Wii U's cycle at the very earliest.

Now imagine that actually does happen, imagine Nintendo does stop developing consoles, why would they develop for iOS? It doesn't make fiscal sense for them. For example, on the Wii they had countless titles which exceeded sales of 10 Million each all at a price point of around £40. If their titles were to become multi-platform then they'd likely see even greater sales. They could never make that kind of money on iOS, even Angry Birds on iOS hasn't made one tenth of the money Nintendo has made on just one of their popular games (EG Nintendogs). Also iOS isn't really with Nintendos ethos, they've always put controls above almost anything else and lets be honest, Super Mario is never really going to control that well on iOS unless it comes with analog accessories which adds yet another cost to development.

Sorry but I really can't see it happening :)

13. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    No specific titles, I'd rather see them start with a free nes emulator with in app puchaces. Get that with official wiimote support and cash pours in.
    If they want to take things from there, fine. Wiimote is already in place, with a chuck or classic controller anything would be possible. And they could liscences wiimote support out as the official controller for iOS.

14. spartanmastah

May 23, 2011
    I'm not saying that they will stop Developing Consoles, But they will Most definatley Stop developing Handhelds.

The days of Traditional Gaming handhelds are coming to an end, so, On the Handheld front: Nintendo would be developing for iOS.

I can See this most definatley happening :).

Oh, and Touch controls aren't horrible. I've played many Platformers with Touch Controls, and it worked quite well.

And fling Joysticks are Cheap, so there really isn't a huge issue for Controls at all.

15. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Paper Mario!

I bet they'd sooner swap all their Nintendo stocks for Atari ones :D

But if someone cloned a nintendo game for iOS. How about... A sequel to paper Mario on the Game Cube.

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Phone!

16. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

People thought Nintendo would go the way of Sega after the Gamecube. And then the Wii came out...

Maybe at some point they'll stop being stubborn enough to expand their pricing and indie developer polices. But stop making handhelds and make games for Apple?

Nah. No way.

17. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Um...not gonna happen. The 3DS is failing because of the lack of games, it will perform better as better titles start rolling in, and third party games start rolling in at 2012.

I do not see Nintendo making titles for iOS anytime soon. It just won't happen. Like somebody stated above, it'll be for other platforms.

Nintendo will have to be REALLY struggling (it won't anytime soon imo) to develop games for iOS

18. spartanmastah

May 23, 2011
    They would have to stop making Handhelds, Because Like I said: Traditional Gaming Handhelds are Dying.

Just look at the 3DS, It's not selling well at all. And Nintendo had to cut the Price by 80 Dollars only 4 Months after the 3DS launch. Ouch.

Not to mention Nintendo's President and Excecutives Recieved Pay cuts from this.

19. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Well you know what Mr. Iwata and Mr. Miyamoto say: "Content is King"

I'm sure their reaction to the poor launch will be to push out all the big new games - Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid as soon as they can.

The price cut will probably be a big help to their xmas sales. It's to early to write off the 3DS.

But yeah, I bet every other platform can't help but be jealous at how Apple release a new device EVERY year AND convince existing customers to upgrade. If you're the head of mobile strategy at Nintendo I'm sure Apple must be a big pain in the ass for you.

20. Lazer

Lazer Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    It'll never ever happen, but the best move that Apple could do right now to really dominate gaming would be to purchase Nintendo. What iOS is missing right now are system sellers, and Nintendo has those in spades. Apple's got more cash than the US treasury so it can afford it.