Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Penilegland

Penilegland Member

Nov 10, 2011
    #1 Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011

Minecraft

Mojang
    Explore infinite worlds and build everything from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in creative mod…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Explore infinite worlds and build everything from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in creative mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off dangerous mobs. Create, explore, and survive along or play with friends on all different devices. Scale craggy mountains, unearth elaborate caves, and mine large ore veins. Discover lush cave and dripstone cave biomes. Light up your world with candles to show what a savvy spelunker and master mountaineer you are! EXPAND YOUR GAME: Marketplace - Discover the latest community creations in the marketplace! Get unique maps, skins, and texture packs from your favorite creators. Slash commands - Tweak how the game plays: you can give items away, summon mobs, change the time of day, and more. Add-Ons - Customize your experience even further with free Add-Ons! If you're more tech-inclined, you can modify data-driven behaviors in the game to create new resource packs. Minecraft Realms auto-renewable subscription info: Minecraft now comes with the option to buy Minecraft Realms. Realms is a monthly subscription service that lets you create your own always-online Minecraft world. There are currently two subscription options to choose from depending on how many people you want to invite to play in your realm simultaneously. A realm for you and 2 friends costs 3.99 USD/month (or local equivalent) and a realm for you and 10 friends cost 7.99 USD/month (or local equivalent). A 30-day trial of Minecraft Realms for you and 10 friends is available. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription. The payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and the subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the subscription price option you have previously selected. Your subscription can be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. There is also a button in-game that take you to these settings. If you cancel after your subscription has activated, you won't be refunded for the remaining active period of the subscription. Here are links to our privacy policy and terms of use: - Privacy policy: https://account.mojang.com/terms#privacy - Terms of use: https://account.mojang.com/terms
    Information
    Seller:Mojang
    Genre:Adventure, Simulation
    Release:Nov 17, 2011
    Updated:Mar 19, 2024
    Version:1.20.72
    Size:1.0 GB
    User Rating: (64)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2/First few Minutes of TouchArcade World):

2. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Links??come on....
    Surprise release?is for me i thought wasnt out until next year on IOS

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    No way!

4. D3adly

D3adly Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
  5. Xapped

Xapped Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    YES YES YES YES!!! I will be buying it.

I wish we could get a discount for alpha buyers :(

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Screen shots or videos?

7. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah naff post-post another one and get mods to delete this-more like an announcement than a release thread lol

8. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    I had suspected this given @notch's slightly cryptic tweeting prior to minecon:) awesome news!:)

9. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines

Minecraft

Mojang
    Explore infinite worlds and build everything from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in creative mod…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $6.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Explore infinite worlds and build everything from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in creative mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off dangerous mobs. Create, explore, and survive along or play with friends on all different devices. Scale craggy mountains, unearth elaborate caves, and mine large ore veins. Discover lush cave and dripstone cave biomes. Light up your world with candles to show what a savvy spelunker and master mountaineer you are! EXPAND YOUR GAME: Marketplace - Discover the latest community creations in the marketplace! Get unique maps, skins, and texture packs from your favorite creators. Slash commands - Tweak how the game plays: you can give items away, summon mobs, change the time of day, and more. Add-Ons - Customize your experience even further with free Add-Ons! If you're more tech-inclined, you can modify data-driven behaviors in the game to create new resource packs. Minecraft Realms auto-renewable subscription info: Minecraft now comes with the option to buy Minecraft Realms. Realms is a monthly subscription service that lets you create your own always-online Minecraft world. There are currently two subscription options to choose from depending on how many people you want to invite to play in your realm simultaneously. A realm for you and 2 friends costs 3.99 USD/month (or local equivalent) and a realm for you and 10 friends cost 7.99 USD/month (or local equivalent). A 30-day trial of Minecraft Realms for you and 10 friends is available. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription. The payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and the subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the subscription price option you have previously selected. Your subscription can be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. There is also a button in-game that take you to these settings. If you cancel after your subscription has activated, you won't be refunded for the remaining active period of the subscription. Here are links to our privacy policy and terms of use: - Privacy policy: https://account.mojang.com/terms#privacy - Terms of use: https://account.mojang.com/terms
    Information
    Seller:Mojang
    Genre:Adventure, Simulation
    Release:Nov 17, 2011
    Updated:Mar 19, 2024
    Version:1.20.72
    Size:1.0 GB
    User Rating: (64)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Minecraft Pocket Edition (Universal)

Description

Imagine it, build it. Create worlds on the go with Minecraft - Pocket Edition

Minecraft - Pocket Edition allows you to build on the go. Use blocks to create masterpieces as you travel, hangout with friends, sit at the park, the possibilities are endless. Move beyond the limits of your computer and play Minecraft everywhere you go.

* Randomized worlds
    * Build anything you can imagine
    * Build with 36 different kinds of blocks
    * Invite and play with friends to your world (local wireless network)
    * Save multi-player worlds on your own phone

iPhone Screenshots:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

iPad Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Penilegland

Penilegland Member

Nov 10, 2011
    #11 Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    Been playing it for a while..seems pretty awesome so far ..plays gorgeously on iPad 2, less blocks then the original, no creepers.
    Which will disappoint some but I'm sure they'll probably come later on in updates
    I'm just so thrilled to finally be playing minecraft on a touch screen device

Feelsgoodman.jpg

11. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Seems really limited compared to the original Minecraft. :(

One thing I absolutely miss is online playing with people. That is sad! :(:(:(:(

12. Penilegland

Penilegland Member

Nov 10, 2011
    #13 Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011
    Maybe one day that will come in an update..who knows...expecting it all to come in version 1.0 would be asking too much..we would be waiting forever..I'm glad they released creation mode right now..was alot sooner than I expected..very impressed by it! Just the other day I was starting to worry this may not be out until 2012.. Then I saw it tonight and was like OMG CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY! Lol

Edit*

Just realized you can invite friends to your world through wifi play/multiplayer worlds!! Hell yes!!!!

13. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    If I recall correctly, this only includes creative mode and not survival mode, yes? Does this mean this also has no animals, like sheep or pigs or cows?

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Can anyone tell me if this is worth getting. At the minute I'm loving junk jack and I already have Eden world builder and this doesn't look any different to Eden apart from being more expensive?

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
  16. Penilegland

Penilegland Member

Nov 10, 2011
    #17 Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011
    No animals or creepers yet.

And there is multiplayer but only available through local wifi.

There's a few extra blocks that the original doesn't have,
    There are flowers and mushrooms, lots of different couloured wool

I played Eden ages ago..and what I didn't like was everything was just a solid block with the same characteristics, there were no seeds or running water or anything.. (may have been updated since then..not too sure)
    Minecraft pocket edition I prefer way more because it has a variety of trees and flowers to plant, the water is way better then Eden,
    Plus multiplayer, and the potentiial for many updates of many features that the beta has, and that's something edens world cant give!

Plus it's universal..I love it on the big screen

Plus $7 really isn't that much,
    I've been playing junk jack and I do enjoy it very much, but I can't compare it to minecraft cause they feel totally different to me, 3d vs 2d, they feel a world apart, though at this point of time, both are really only "creation mode" as there isn't much else to do in junk jack other then mine and create, and same with minecraft pocket edition, currently, until it's updated.

17. AlteaineDranix

AlteaineDranix Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Penilegland: I can live without animals and mobs for a while if it means I get gardening in the form of trees and flowers. One other question, though: Can you potentially run out of materials in a world or does the world generate itself as you walk along?

Junk Jack is amazing but I'm holding off on any serious landscaping until Pixbits releases the tap-to-hold digging feature since all the tapping hurts my wrist. I want to experience a three-dimensional sandbox meanwhile.

Thanks for the information, by the way.

18. OneMinuteGames

OneMinuteGames Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iOS Game Developer
    I think it is something to do with removal of "Crafted" some time ago :) ( like copyright violation or something like that ? )

I didn't really play "Minecraft" for too long, though idea is quite nice, I have too little time I think...

And I will gladly want to know how that "touch" control works? I've played for a while and it seems that fast, responsive and accurate controls is a must for game like this. Any experiences guys?

19. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    You've really never played Minecraft? Well, the world is so big you'll never run out of anything. In the desktop version, it takes 820 hours of constant, uninterrupted walking to get to the "Far Lands", which is kind of the edge of the proper world. So it is big enough that you will never, ever run out of resources, no matter how much you dig.