NBA Jam on iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crazypills77, Feb 10, 2011.

1. crazypills77

crazypills77 Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Anyone know if theyre planning on porting NBA Jam to the iPad? I was so excited to see it on the iPhone and would just LOVE an HD version!

2. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    I've looked everywhere on the Internet and could not find anything but the iPhone versions looks and plays pretty good

3. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Just wait a month or two. The same thing happened to UMK3.

4. broeken

broeken Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    loved that game back in the day, but I'm going to hold off until a iPad version comes out. My eyes will thank me later, I know it.

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I purchased the iPhone version and played it on my iPad, not bad, so if it does go on sale I would recommend picking it up. It is a little pixelated, but pretty good versus other iPhone apps on the iPad.

6. balicus

balicus Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Jailbreak w/ greenp0ison then install the cydia app "retinapad" it'll force the ipad to run the game at retina resolution (960xsomething) instead of doubling the regular size iphone screen (when you have to 2x it).

7. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

The results using retinapad are absolutely stunning. I'm actually quite angry that Apple has not adopted this yet.

[​IMG]

8. broeken

broeken Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    Hmmm I may have to plunk the cash down now.

9. sugimulm

Thank you!!!

Spamcan, Thank you, just did the JB, which I was hesitant. DL the retinapad and I have a whole new love for iPhone games on the iPad! NBA Jam is AWESOME with the retinapad! Worth every penny and makes me want to play my older games! Thanks again for the suggestion!

10. sugimulm

Broeken, I would suggest doing the same, your iPhone games will have new life, just a suggestion. I'm glad I did it!

11. balicus

balicus Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Don't forget real racing 2 :)
    If you're getting sick of waiting for the inevitable ipad release

12. Spamcan

You're welcome, I figure the more people that see side by side what iPhone games should look like on the iPad versus Apple's method of downsizing the game to 320x240 and then doubling it the better. I've been taking screen shots of games running under retinapad and under Apple's method for comparison and the improvement in NBA Jam and Real Racing 2 has to be seen to be believed.

13. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Wow! This changes everything! Thanks for the info.

14. crazypills77

crazypills77 Member

Feb 10, 2011
    :eek:

HOLY MOLY thats probably the best Cydia app I've seen so far!

the song "A Whole New World" from Aladdin is playing in my head now

15. sugimulm

100% agree!!!

Yup, I played them both and Mortal Kombat is quite good. Another one that blew me away is Battlefield Bad Company 2. Simply AMAZING!. Spend $3 for the Cydia app, save money on purchasing another iPad game.

16. KoolKing

KoolKing Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Valrico, FL
    I just want to throw another thanks into the pile for Spamcan. After seeing that image I went and jailbroke immediately. It does wonders for Dead Rising as well.

17. Spamcan

#17 Spamcan, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
    Sometimes the iPad versions are actually worth the money (GTACW & PvZ) but if Apple would have implemented this in 4.2 like they should have the entire iPad "HD" gaming market would not exist today. Sorry for hijacking this post and turning it into a soapbox but this is one of the few iDevice related issues that makes me really angry. :mad:

[​IMG]

18. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for the retinapad advice! I jail broke my iPad just for this and it's amazing! NBA Jam is so much better as well as Real Racing 2 and Battlefield. I need to fin some more of my iPhone apps and try them out now.

Thank you!

19. sugimulm

MicroByte,
    You will be surprised on what other iPhone apps look really good.

20. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I am scared to jailbreak because I love the convenience of the app store. If I jailbreak and download this app, can I un-jailbreak? Will I lose the retina app on my iPad if I reverse? I just don't want to keep this jailbroken....