Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh yeah! Big thanks!

2. Greenburger

Greenburger Active Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Does anyone else think it's unfair that in the restaurant level the enemy files can fly where there's no ground and you can't do that with your heroes?
    Also, ladybug's abilities that absorb 75% of the next melee attack- is it just 1 attack or all attacks that land on you in that second?

3. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Just one attack.

4. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    Has the Mushroom turret been nerfed by any chance?

5. LightningCloud

May 3, 2011
    I was also thinking the same thing. The mushrooms seems to take a longer time to grow now. Before, after using a full grown mushroom and exploring the map, when I come back to my base, a full grown mushroom is already there but now I need to wait for a long time for it to grow fully. Not sure if there is a change in the damage bonus though.

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I believe I slightly nerfed them... mainly their upgraded grow time (which was increased greatly as you upgraded, kind of giving you a double whammy of having more frequent mushrooms that grew faster).

7. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    #3907 Oxynidus, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    That might be why I'm having more trouble in the earlier stages. :p I've grown dependent on them. It was way too powerful before IMO.

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    But I liked them way powerful :p

Man, I think I'm probably way out of shape as I've only been messing around with Treasure Trove. Need to get back in shape once the leaderboards get reset.

9. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    I've come to a realization: If you choose Ant over Fly, you can make roughly the same amount of money because of his vast superiority in completing quests, in addition to his ability to grab food with Teleport + Ant Hole.

10. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hmmm I'm gonna try that.

11. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    No wonder I had so much success with Ant. Throw in mushroom turrent and he can get even better defensively.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Next update is almost ready... Nothing major up front, but some key changes behind the scenes.

Change-log:

Note: Current save game data for individual levels will be erased after updating to prevent posting old games on the new leader boards. Please make sure you've completed all of your games before updating!

- reset leader boards due to various balance changes and the addition of all the new heroes, alternate skins, etc
    - revamped data management system to prevent profiles from being corrupted, lost or deleted
    - profile and save game data can now be synced and saved on iTunes
    - fixed several crashes
    - fixed a bug with Mosquito's Vampirism skill
    - fixed a bug so Mosquito is no longer affected by slug slime and spider webs

The big change here is the save game system... should now be MUCH more stable (i.e. it'll be basically impossible for data to be corrupted and people to lose their profiles), and it also solves a few of the lingering crashes some experience. Oh yeah, and now you can also sync your profiles to iTunes as well for added security or if you're swapping devices.

13. orangejuice

orangejuice New Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Has anyone any luck getting Mantis above lv 20 in coliseum mode, hard?

14. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    I managed. It was either round 21 or 22.

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Got to round 24 on hard during one of the balance runs ;)

16. Greenburger

Dec 22, 2010
    Any tips for using Fly?
    Roulette seems too random to be useful, and overall he seems too weak to be able to kill stuff effectively. Which leads me to spend all the money I make with him on combat upgrades for him (big guns, money shot, quickdraw...)

17. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    #3917 Oxynidus, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
    Mantis isn't my favorite hero, but I gave him a fair trial. I couldn't make it past 21 (or 22). The Giant Spiders are what tend to get me (like pretty much all heroes that lack a rapid or AOE attack), but the real problem is that he doesn't kill fast enough to avoid getting overwhelmed at that stage.

I wonder, what equipment would you use? 'cuz there are so many possible combinations with Mantis—one of the things I do like about him.

18. Greenburger

Dec 22, 2010
    FM, can you change Fly's Barter so there's a cap on how much food it trades for money? 'Coz it always uses all the food you're carrying, when you can use less food and still get the max 300$.

19. Oxynidus

Dec 11, 2010
    Here's one bug that's really really annoying me: When you exit the game or the game crashes, things get messed up, like all the mushrooms shrink, and night and day get confused. I lost a few games because of that, like just now in Tree Stump; I was saving a mushroom for the right moment to take out a giant scorpion and get ready for the elephant snail that comes after it. Crash. No mushroom. Day doesn't end when it should (I had Mantis's Night Hunter). Elephant Snail spawns sooner than it did before it crashed. Dead.

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You just reminded me of Holt from the Cleveland Show. Luckily, it is probably the only time you will ever have that effect on anyone ;)

While Fly does seem to have quite a lot of problems taking out both big enemies and groups of smaller enemies, a combination of the damage buffs (Quickdraw, Gnat Bandidos, bigger guns, etc), Spinning Shot, and Scoundrel (lotsa additional damage to stunned enemies, and more stuns) can actually thin out the enemy army quite a bit, and bring down an Elephant Snail or Scorpion Lord. Also, spamming Roulette can actually make for at least decent healing over time, with a little luck and quite a lot of money.

But yeah, often, you just have to keep circling and firing, while the enemy hordes grow all the more numerous...