Would you like GTA 3 on the iphone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Dan007, Jan 31, 2010.

?

Would you like GTA 3 on the iphone?

1. HELL YEA!

50 vote(s)
    84.7%
  2. No thanks.

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. Dan007

Dan007 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Russia
    #1 Dan007, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    I loved GTA Chinatown Wars, it was just beatiful and had like a TON of content. Although i finished the game, it took me 26 hours only for story missions and drug dealers (and a couple of cameras). IT is the most awesome and long game on the App Store no doubt. The only thing i missed was the full 3D graphics instead of bird-view, but i know that CTW is the most beautiful in bird-view, so i decided to ask you Touch Arcadians, my brothers - would you like a port of the classic GTA 3 on the iphone (with watered-down textures and effects, but all the content and fun)?? PLEASE vote in the poll: maybe we can get R*'s attention if we get enough votes (and i think we will, considering GTA CTW success):rolleyes::D
    Thanks brothers.

2. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    As cool as it may be we will NEVER get R* attention, sorry dude.

3. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    yeah, if it is full OpenGL 2.0 and is beastly and awesome and has better graphics than PSP Vice City.

4. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    yet another GTA thread.... sigh. and i dont like when people say that a game is no doubt the best game on the app store. its annoying really...

5. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    GTA 3 for the iPhone would be awesome, Gangstar is okay.. But it's not a very good game, at least not compared to what GTA 3 could be!
    And no, this Will probably not get Rockstars attention, as i have already tried with burnout paradise.. But if it did it would be awesome!

6. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    im pretty sure your sig is out of date.....

but this will never happen

7. GothamCity

GothamCity Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Italy
    gta 3 would be very cool on our iPhone..but i think that we'll never see it.
    i'm happy enough wth my portable version that is chinatown wars :)

8. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    ya lol livefire/killtest

9. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Gangstar is fun when you play missions. For some reason, I don't have fun roaming around the city. I don't know why I don't, I just don't. It doesn't give me the GTA feel. However, GTA Chinatown Wars has a better story and better missions. And for some reason, I actually have fun roaming around the city unlike Gangstar. It gives me the GTA feel.

10. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Very true. Rockstar is great at making the city come alive. No other dev has done this yet, and we probably won't see another one for a while.

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Hey, never say never... I said any GTA will never come over because rock* hate Apple, but obviously saw monetry opportunity with it. Hopefully they'll think the same with GTA 3, or even an iPhone original.

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I think we're in the day and age of iPhone gaming now that we won't need the textures to be watered-down on GTA III, to get it over here. I think it could run 100% smooth as butter, and still have the same graphics as the PS2 version.

That being said, GTA III isn't the most advanced game in terms of graphics, so.. :p

13. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Firstly you can't get the attention of a big company because 50 people posted saying they would like a game.

If they ever bring another GTA title to the App Store, I would like to think that it would be a new title or the PSP version of GTA: Liberty City/Vice City Stories

14. Dan007

Dan007 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Russia
    I understand your points guys, you are sure R* will never make GTA 3 on the iphone! BUT i mean come on - try to remember the last 6-8 months. At that point alot of people (i don't like to speak for everyone) didn't even DREAM of something like NOVA or Call Of Duty, or any decent FPS whatsoever. Most couldn't ever imagine Need For Speed would come out. Heck, we weren't expecting any decent racing games or shooters! When brothers in arms came out, everyone was like WOW THE BEST GRAPHICS! AWESOME! Now, you gotta admit it, the graphics are like `meh. okay` compared to, say, COD or Chinatown Wars. MY POINT is that everything is possible. Why not bring the best classic which further advanced SUCH a great franchise, why not give the gamers the best graphics and full enjoyment of it AND get hella lot of money, because i simply cannot imagine a person who wouldn't buy GTA 3. And considering the success of CTW (which, on the iphone, is in the process of getting more sales than on DS and PSP combined), i think it is quite possible. If not now, in the future for sure. The map is there, the code is there. Port and play. The 10$ price would be reasonable as well (no production and packaging fees). Besides, even if this thread could cause even minimalistic influence on R*, it would still be an influence.

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think it's infinitely more likely they'd just make a new game. Now that they've seen how popular their games can be on the App Store, I think there's a chance their next portable game will be developed for the DS, PSP and iPhone simultaneously.