Zogma Submitted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FrakinKraken, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrakinKraken

FrakinKraken Active Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Hi all

Zogma: The Tactical Zombie Survival Simulator has been submitted to the AppStore for approval!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zogma places you in charge of a group of survivors doing their best to survive a global zombie outbreak. Use a combination of weapon upgrades, barricades and strategy to survive as long as you can against the never ending undead horde. It’s time to put the undead back in the ground; one shotgun shell at a time!

The end result is a frantic zombie slaying fest that is part tower defence, part shooter.

In game video here!

Key Features:
    • Specially balanced gameplay for the beginner to hardcore gamer. Put it in fast-forward mode if your feeling especially brave!
    • Addictive strategic puzzler. Before you know it, you'll be saying "just one more game"!
    • Zombies! The game is optimised to deliver an unrivalled amount of zombies on screen at any one time.
    • Choose your tactics; use a different variety of weapons, upgrades and grenades to survive as long as possible.
    • Night day cycle. The passing of the days will be reflected in a genuine night / day cycle. If killings zombies by day seems hard, wait till you try it by torch light! Chuck in some storms for good measure and you're in trouble.
    • In game tutorials. Get taught to play the game by the best; a reanimated math teacher.
    • Themed Levels. Three separate groups of survivors struggle to survive across the globe. One defends a country farm house, another a ruined hospital and the last group of desperado’s has boarded up a diner. They've got an appetite and you're on the menu!
    • Plus+ online gaming community. Be the highest scoring survivor out there, compare your survival statistics against other player's results, challenge your friends and unlock achievements!
    • Automatic save game state, return to your game at any stage. Helpful for the die-hard survivalist.
    • Monitor the global infection via the Outbreak site, how will your nation fare against the reanimated hordes?

Go to the website and register your email address in order to get notified exactly when it goes live. Or, read the blog and view in-game videos and screen shots at http://www.zogma.mobi/

Thanks heaps to all the Touch forum members who have helped us on the way and provided us with crucial feedback!

What are you waiting for? Grab the game and start taking the ‘un’ out of undead!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    i think zogma is a pretty cool guy. eh eats brians and doesn't afraid of anything

Looks interesting, is there going to be a lite?

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'm intrigued! Can't wait till this makes its appearance on the Appstore.

4. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    plus+ , has to be good! haha but those zombie graphics....

5. FrakinKraken

Aug 31, 2009
    No lite version available at this stage but it's in the works along with a number of updates!

We're excited as hell about it, I'm entirely biased but the game play is actually very addictive and we plan to build quite a competitive community around it. We've got Plus+ backing us on that one.

Prez you're right, the visuals are definitely not on par with say Ravensword ;). The screen shots thankfully don't do them complete justice.

One of our main aims in putting this game together was to make an addictive, enjoyable game at under 10mb. I feel we've nailed it precisely...

I look forward to your brutally honest feedback once we go live. We're expecting Friday this week.

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Actually looks pretty good, but I agree with prez, the zombies look a little 'eh'
    But graphics dont make the game!
    Also, can you post a video?

7. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    agreed very much so! it looks like crazy fun

8. mflc

mflc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    playing idevice games all day...and all night
    The North Pole
    lookz awesome

9. FrakinKraken

Aug 31, 2009
    As requested, embedded video in all it's glory!!

Feedback re: zombies is appreciated, I'll fully admit they won't be winning any fashion awards. Most of the ones you see in the screen shots are the earlier stage zombies, different varieties are introduced throughout the game (pretty original, hey).

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

11. wahseh

wahseh Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Looks great! :) Cant wait for it to be out!

12. FrakinKraken

Aug 31, 2009
    Cheers! We anticipate a release this Friday, so just around the corner!

13. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    What the hell, I don't even find memes amusing. Why did I post that?

Anyway, I think I'll get this. I don't think the graphics look that bad, and I doubt they'd detract from the gameplay.

14. FrakinKraken

Aug 31, 2009
    Yeah I did find the reference a bit confusing :)

Sure I'm biased but the gameplay is very addictive. We've focused a lot of attention in ensuring there's scope for a solid community as well. Everyone trying to out survive everyone else with the best survivors globally getting lauded on the website and possibly cool stuff. We're also going to be tracking how each country does keeping down the horde numbers with an outbreak tracker very similar to the WHO pandemic trackers.

Taking a simple concept and adding a ton of depth to it, hoping you guys are competitive.

Zogma should be hitting the "shelves" in about 24 hours. How do I know this? I'm probably psychic.

15. FrakinKraken

Aug 31, 2009
    Bah, who wants to talk about coming soon anymore.

ZOGMA has now gone live!!!

Either search on your iPhone or head over to the AppStore http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/zogma-tactical-zombie-survival/id339348535?mt=8

Get playing and make sure to sign up to the Plus+ leaderboards. Get those review to us and let us know what you think!

Cheers guys! There'll be a new post with the news soon.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009

Zogma: Tactical Zombie Survival Simulator

Zogma: the Tactical Zombie Survival Game. Making the undead, dead again. Out-survive the rest of the world in this frant…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Zogma: the Tactical Zombie Survival Game. Making the undead, dead again. Out-survive the rest of the world in this frantic zombie survival simulator.

Zogma places you in charge of a group of survivors doing their best to survive a global zombie outbreak. Use a combination of weapon upgrades, barricades and strategy to survive as long as you can against the never ending undead horde. It’s time to put the undead back in the ground; one shotgun shell at a time.

The end result is a frantic zombie slaying fest that is part tower defence, part shooter.

Reviews
    Slide to Play: 3 / 4 stars, It's an addicting strategic zombie survival game that deserves your attention. It’s a hard deal to pass up.

Key Features:
    - Specially balanced gameplay for the beginner to hardcore gamer. Put it in fast-forward mode if your feeling especially brave!
    - Addictive strategic puzzler. Before you know it, you'll be saying "just one more game"!
    - Zombies! The game is optimised to deliver an unrivalled amount of zombies on screen at any one time.
    - Choose your tactics; use a different variety of weapons, upgrades and grenades to survive as long as possible.
    - Night day cycle. The passing of the days will be reflected in a genuine night / day cycle. If killings zombies by day seems hard, wait till you try it by torch light! Chuck in some storms for good measure and you're in trouble.
    - In game tutorials. Get taught to play the game by the best; a reanimated math teacher.
    - Themed Levels. Three separate groups of survivors struggle to survive across the globe. One defends a country farm house, another a ruined hospital and the last group of desperado’s has boarded up a diner. They've got an appetite and you're on the menu!
    - Plus+ online gaming community. Be the highest scoring survivor out there, compare your survival statistics against other player's results, challenge your friends and unlock achievements!
    - Automatic save game state, return to your game at any stage. Helpful for the die-hard survivalist.
    - Monitor the global infection via the Outbreak site, how will your nation fare against the reanimated hordes?

Read the blog and view in-game videos and screen shots at http://www.zogma.mobi/

What are you waiting for? Grab the game and start taking the ‘un’ out of undead!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Jan 25, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

17. FrakinKraken

Aug 31, 2009

Touch doesn't seem to like my URL,

Let's try again:

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/zogma-tactical-zombie-survival/id339348535?mt=8

and if that doesn't work,

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/zogma-tactical-zombie-survival/id339348535?mt=8

18. AppsCrunchy

AppsCrunchy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010