Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-17-2014, 03:22 PM
iPad mini, iOS 5.x

Default This game needs to hit the iPad badly:- Nidhogg

What do you guys think?

http://www.edge-online.com/review/nidhogg-review/

A game like this would be perfect on it i dont get why they haven't even ported it yet. But the price. Just look at that horrifying price (on steam) for a dated and pixalated looking game like this.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:47 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I agree that it would most likely work great on an iPad, but saying that it's a "horrifying" price tag isn't fair, since it's a new game that has been in development for quite some time.

Also, the art style works in it's favor IMO.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:49 PM

Oh my yes I want it on iOS! The PC reviews have been super good
Old 01-17-2014, 03:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Is 9.59 really a horrifying price tag for a brand new game? Do people really only equate value with graphics, not gameplay or content?

Anyway...yeah, I desperately would love this though may just take the plunge and get it on Steam anyway since I've heard some very good things about it!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Might as well share my impressions:

Quote:
Gameplay always comes first, beyond story or visuals. Gameplay is what makes a game tick.

And gameplay is where Nidhogg shines.

It's tense tactical game where your skills as a player matter as much as your ability to lure and trick your opponent.

It's a subtle give and take, of establishing patterns only to break them, of intimate moments of stillness and caution as the two of you step back and forth anticipating the first strike.

It's a game where all are equally matched, where true skill decides the victor rather than the perks, upgrades, boosters of so many other games

The simplicity of the controls hide a surprisingly tense and strategic game. One hit kills and there's a wide range of moves and maneuvers at your disposal. While I love Samurai Gunn's lightning fast speed and more varied maps, Nidhogg's slower paced, more cerebral challenge is absolutely addicting. And while you may be able to leap through the air with ease in Samurai Gunn, your moveset is far more versatile in Nidhogg. The smooth animations give each fight a fluid dynamic feel.

Not that the visuals are bad either. The surreal graphics and chunky pixels give the game a style all its own. And while the number of maps may seem small, it's definitely a case of quality over quanity. Each map is unique, with its own eccentricities to be mastered from the concealing high grass of the Wilds to the collapsing bridges in Clouds. Not only that, each map consists of several areas as you and your opponent push back and forth to victory. Epic 20 minute duels are not uncommon

I rarely play online games, but Nidhogg has me hooked. This is a must play
Oh, and if anyone wants to kick my ass online, I'm More_Badass on Steam
Old 01-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishHooligan View Post
A game like this would be perfect on it i dont get why they haven't even ported it yet. But the price. Just look at that horrifying price (on steam) for a dated and pixalated looking game like this.
Ah, here we go again. I'm really getting frustrated with these kinds of comments on Steam and GAF. How are price and visuals correlated? The game offers fluid animations and sense of weight that other games lacks while combining this with a unique low-fi aesthetic and colorful surreal environments. As I said above, gameplay matters and the depth of the experience and the thrill and subtleties of the mechanics more than justifies the price. Not only that, the develop plans to add more content through updates

Last edited by Bronxsta; 01-17-2014 at 04:12 PM..