★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

06-12-2015, 08:49 PM
So, here's the skinny about the reader's choice articles, which I referred to in the latest column.

RPG Reload is coming up on its one-year anniversary in a couple of months. It's been a fun year, but I have to admit that even for me, the pace has been... a hardship? Something like that. Anyway, the last few reader's choices have basically come down to a coin toss because no one seems super-interested in making suggestions. As there's little interest, I've decided, for the sake of my sanity, to swap out the monthly reader's choice article for a more general RPG opinion/feature column. This allows me to talk about RPGs in a general outside of reviews, which is cool, and it doesn't require me to plow through a game in seven days. This extra week can give me some much-needed buffer time for the next month.

I'll still be taking suggestions, but I'll be incorporating them more organically after August. So if you want to see me play something, by all means make a suggestion. I just won't be strictly doing a reader request every month. The game-specific columns will continue to be numbered, while the general columns probably won't. I hope you guys are okay with these changes as we head into the second year of RPG Reload. Thanks as always for reading and sharing your thoughts!
06-12-2015, 09:26 PM
That sounds reasonable, Shaun. Speaking for myself, I don't care as much about the quantity of reviews as the quality. When you dive into something with passion and knowledge of craft and history, it's so much better than the casual impressions or first glances we can get elsewhere. Better to keep doing it right than to simply do it often!

Your output thus far has been worthy of collection into a book of iPhone rpg reviews.

Last edited by JindoFox; 06-12-2015 at 10:53 PM. Reason: typos!

06-12-2015, 09:59 PM
We're investigating the idea of doing some kind of book, but we'll have to look into the costs and options of such a venture.

Thanks for the kind words!

Oh, and regarding the fixed version of the podcast, I'll probably have to wait until after E3 to get it done. The guys with the "keys", so to speak, are on the road right now. Sorry!
06-18-2015, 03:41 PM
Hey folks, we've going to be doing our next podcast soon. Just wanted to send a reminder out there if you want to send us questions or comments, feel free to send them to the RPG Reload twitter account or email us and we'll mention them on the podcast!
06-24-2015, 08:48 PM
Back on the forum after a long absence (and a new account) and I'm amazed to see how this thread has grown. Not only is there tons of new RPG Reload content, but you covered all the games I requested back in the early days! Looks like I'm gonna have to dig into the archives a bit. There's even a podcast now? Crazy!
06-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebe View Post
Back on the forum after a long absence (and a new account) and I'm amazed to see how this thread has grown. Not only is there tons of new RPG Reload content, but you covered all the games I requested back in the early days! Looks like I'm gonna have to dig into the archives a bit. There's even a podcast now? Crazy!
Welcome back! Yeah, it's been growing pretty nicely! Big changes coming when we hit the end of the first year, too.
06-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Is it too late to suggest Choas Rings 3?
06-25-2015, 10:15 PM
Can't remember if I already suggested Final Fantasy III. Probably did though.

Anyway, I'd be all for buying a yearly or 2-year book/magazine with all of the articles and pics. I'd even buy it in a digital ebook too!

Still can't believe you've been going strong for a year. It's had to be a lot of work and dedication and It is definitely appreciated and enjoyed! Hope that extra week allows for some personal gaming time or even some non-gaming time.
06-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Shaun, you are great! I dare to say I enjoy reading your articles as much as I enjoy playing games.

I really wish I had more free time to participate here(and play, of course).

Thank you very much!