Appshopper Social

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by slewis7, Apr 22, 2013.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX

AppShopper Social

AppShopper.com, LLC
    AppShopper Social lets you share your app interests with your friends and see what apps your friends are interested in. …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    AppShopper Social lets you share your app interests with your friends and see what apps your friends are interested in. Or add any of your personal AppShopper friends to see their app interests. Features: - Social Stream: See what apps that your friends are tracking, and share your app interests with your friends. - Friends List: Maintain a list of AppShopper friends who share your app interests. --- We have many features to add, but wanted to get something out to our users as quickly as we could. iPad support is also in the works. Stay tuned! If you have any issues, please email [email protected] for assistance.
    Information
    Seller:AppShopper.com, LLC
    Genre:
    Release:Apr 21, 2013
    Updated:Aug 09, 2013
    Version:1.1
    Size:13.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

It's back, in a somewhat different form as a new app. Read more about it here:

http://appshopper.com/blog/2013/04/21/appshopper-is-back-in-the-app-store-with-appshopper-social/

And here:

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/04/22/amid-rules-crackdown-comparison-tool-app-shopper-returns-to-app-store-with-social-bent/

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Hmmm AppShopper with social elements... so it's basically AppZapp now?
    jk jk :p
    Glad to see it's back.

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Anyone know what happens with those of us that paid to be free of ads on the earlier version? Are both this and the older (pulled) one going to be supported (in-app sales lists updates, not app updates obviously). If so, I can keep my ad-free version running and skip this.

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    If this one has ads, it would be a class act if those ads went away if it detected an install of the original app (or the original app with ads removed...)

I'll be sticking to the original until it stops working. ;)

5. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    well my username is MarkTurak
    if anyone wants to try the social feature. I won't be hooking this up to my twitter account but it looks like you can just use your appshopper username.

add me if you'd like

6. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    add me trysis3

7. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Agreed. That said, I just installed it and I'm happy to say I'm not seeing any ads. Now I do have the old one installed too, so no idea if that makes a difference or not. Maybe the devs or a new user can comment on that?

Anyway, I logged in to my account, and everything looks good there too.

The new interface is really nice and clean. Very crisp, and nicer font. I prefer it to the older look!

My only complaint is that the app name is identical, so now I have two "Appshopper" apps, with the only difference being the older one has an "A" on the icon, and the newer one shows a silhouette of two people.

I'll definitely be playing around with both apps over the next week. Even though this one was a new build, I'm not sure why it was released separately. I'd bet it's much harder to get "the word out" than simply convert old to new. Hopefully the new users they pick up will make up for the difference.

8. soh

soh New Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Looks pretty cool. One thing though they don't have the top 200 list which I searched every now and then. Still I'm going to delete the old one and start using this.

9. DannyWalkman

DannyWalkman Active Member

Mar 29, 2012
    YES! Made my day!!! And the friends integration is awesome! Until now i used to share tens of apps a day via mail. Now it's much simpler.

It needs just a couple of things:
    -"Friend filter" in the Stream tab, to able to see a particular friend's suggestions only.
    -"Add new friend" button is hard to spot. It took me a while.
    -Then there's the unanswered question about the ads from above.

And some questions to TouchArcade:
    -Wouldn't it make more sense to have only the featured price-drops/updates instead of reviews in the "toucharcade" list/friend?
    -Currently, if you tap "Open in Appshopper" inside the toucharcade app it takes you to the old appshopper. If i remove the old app, will the link open in the new app?
    Thanks.

10. #10 Hoggy110, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
    AppShopper Social Friend Request Thread

Hey guys, if you have seen the Touch Arcade front page today, you would have seen that AppShopper has made it's return to the app store - but this time with friends

AppShopper Social

AppShopper.com, LLC
    AppShopper Social lets you share your app interests with your friends and see what apps your friends are interested in. …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    AppShopper Social lets you share your app interests with your friends and see what apps your friends are interested in. Or add any of your personal AppShopper friends to see their app interests. Features: - Social Stream: See what apps that your friends are tracking, and share your app interests with your friends. - Friends List: Maintain a list of AppShopper friends who share your app interests. --- We have many features to add, but wanted to get something out to our users as quickly as we could. iPad support is also in the works. Stay tuned! If you have any issues, please email [email protected] for assistance.
    Information
    Seller:AppShopper.com, LLC
    Genre:
    Release:Apr 21, 2013
    Updated:Aug 09, 2013
    Version:1.1
    Size:13.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

This thread is so the people on the Touch Arcade Forums can all add themselves as friends, so post in this topic your App Shopper username so we can all share the magic of App Shopper friendship

Username List:
    TouchArcade
    Hoggy110
    icadelist
    EfratBarTal
    ramon31
    crex
    MarkTurak
    trysis3
    DannyWalkman
    anmbia
    jvillar
    CJL001

11. Can I be your friend, Hoggy? :)

12. Yes. Yes you can

13. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Is this an enhanced version of the original? And what about notifications.. Working?

14. This has the same features as the original app shopper, but this version has the friendship aspect

Notifications seem to be faster in this version...I got a notification for an app in my watchlist through this app and I recieved the same notification on the original App Shopper 1-2 mins later

15. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I went through and added all (I think) iCade apps to a wish list. The user name is icadelist.

16. Added to list

17. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Wait I don't even use this, should I? :L

18. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Awesome stuff.

I just recieved a notification on both versions so ill remove the old one.

You can add me to the list, user name EfratBarTal :)

19. Well, this allows you to keep track of price drops, updates and new apps on the App Store. You can make your own wishlist to receive push notification for when they drop in price/update and make a list of apps you own to keep track of updates via push notifications

Added

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This is basically appshopper at the core with a social element.. I think apple allows it if u put the social element to it similar to another awesome app tracker zap app