In-App purchase display name now searchable term in App Store

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by TinyTechnician, May 20, 2011.

1. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Now that this "name" is searchable. Any devs thinking of changing their IAP display name?

My IAP display names are pretty generic but if this is now searchable does that mean I should start including the App Name in it or something like that?

Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    IAPs are searchable now? Since when? I missed the memo. How does that work (is there a new search results section or does iTunes just display apps that contain the IAP names you search for? (Did that make sense?)) Is it global?

3. TinyTechnician

TinyTechnician Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Developer
    Los Angeles
    Got an email from Apple, you'll get it soon if you haven't already. There are some other IAP changes but this one jumped out at me.

4. jclardy

jclardy Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Yeah I got the email as well. I thought it was going to talk about the pending lawsuits related to IAP but that wasn't what it was about.

My game Rocket Chimp has one IAP to remove the advertising called "Remove Ads" which you can now find by searching, although I doubt anyone will be specifically searching for games they can remove ads from via IAP :D

I can't really think of where this would be very useful as most IAP descriptions are specific to the app.

Actually I think I understand now: Magazines. They can have the monthly issue title as their IAP name and it becomes searchable. That is about the only use of it that I can think of.

5. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

My thoughts were that it would be useful for finding apps which sell specific items- like groceries, electronics, underwear, music (hmm a music-app-store-app on iTunes ok I could be wrong here!), etc.
    For a customer it would help them shop-around for deals and new ideas of where to buy.

6. Adrian2100

Adrian2100 Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hi friends i am also want to change my shop's display name actually i newly
    opened a mobile shop and the display name is not yet and compared
    with my shop and i have been printed many banners and posters
    but i want to change my display name would you lie to help
    me how i can change it...??

7. phongtt

phongtt Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2012
    I still haven't received any news from Apple :-|

8. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Me neither, and searching for my IAP isn't working.

Is this an iOS6 (or other future) feature?