99 cents, now or later, partial list: Hunters 2, Moonkey Island Tales 2, Hector EP2..

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Depends on where in the world they are. In the US sales usually break at 11pm EST. Depends on whether the developer set them up to drop on a certain date or if they drop them manually. All the US drop at the same time though so its in about an hour here.

IAP? I doubt it. Not sure though, but I doubt it.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I guarantee that almost all of you will be plopping down the $15 for the remaining episodes of The Walking Dead.

3. Outrager

Outrager Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I won't. It was only $10 on sale for the PC last week. I'm thinking of trying to play it on my iPad thru Splashtop. It'll probably be a disaster though. Okay fine, I might plop down another $15 for the iPad convenience.

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    ...and I need a personal assistant! Yeah, I've got stuff checked on my appshopper wishlist, favorited in the TA app, reminders in Appzap Pro, a sheet of paper next to my PC, and a virtual sticky note on my PC desktop.

And I'm sure it will only get worse (or better? I can't tell anymore...) as the days count down to the appstore lockdown.

Luckily, I'm assuming most of the sales (not freebies) will last through the holidays. Gotta capitalize off of all the itunes GC's, right?

In other news, i'm having storage space issues on my PC again.

...and I'm just now playing through Chinatown Wars.

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Law and Order, Radmalls, Jeopardy Platinum.

6. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    qft.

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Lucky west coasters...get to go to sleep early.

8. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Doubt it. That's the problem with huge (in file size) games that have iaps. I'll have probably spent my itunes account by the time I install it, if it ever even happens. As an example, I was going to purchase the GOF2 add-ons, but I haven't been able to re-install it in ages.

Much more likely to buy a (much smaller) Pinball Arcade or Zen Pinball table.

OTOH, I bought all the Sam and Max's, though who knows when I'll install them. I suppose there might be a higher conversion rate by including the chapters as iaps...for those who have a 32Gb device or larger.

One last thing...if I was a big publishing house, I would be pressuring Apple in any way possible to update the available storage sizes. I mean, I got an iPod classic with 80 gigs a long time ago. And that's just a music player. And I think 160 is the standard size now.

9. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks man. Got the first Hector for free and thought the parts I played were hilarious. I'm grabbing the other two episodes.

seconded!

I've barely started it. :-/ Too many games and too little time. Plus I've been firing up Magic 2013 again.

10. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Did they say which sales are until January and which are more time-limited? I assume The Walking Dead will be made paid again before the Appstore lockdown, but will everything else remain discounted for the holidays?

11. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    All we need now is Kairosoft.