SlotZ Racer HD (Free update, Universal)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Zwilnik, Jan 5, 2012.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Cool thanks for the update.

2. Tidus FFX

Tidus FFX Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Please restore save with gamecenter! (see real racing 2 or death rally or Zombie Highway)!!!

Thanks!

3. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Restoring from game centre leader boards doesn't give you much data as is needed for SlotZ Racer (and can potentially cause problems for players who switch between online/offline play and get out of sync). I have got iCloud saves working now though and as iCloud's both free and handles offline/online sync, it should be plenty.

At the moment all your current game setup, car customisation, championship status etc. is automatically synced and I'm just experimenting with having tracks auto-save and sync (they're too large to use iCloud's per game user data saves, but should work as documents).

4. Zwilnik

Btw if anyone's designed any really good tracks, I'm putting together a list of them for the online track library (you can browse all the tracks that have been emailed from the game but we've added a Top Tracks feature that lets you see the best ones quickly).

If you've got one you'd like to submit, either email it to yourself from ingame and post the code here or email the track to us at info at strangeflavour dot com and we'll include the best ones in the initial Top Tracks list.

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Hi guys, It's early Feb, just wondering if there is any news on the release of this one...

6. Zwilnik

#46 Zwilnik, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Busily blitzing through on it and aiming to be in full testing sometime next week if all goes well. Just putting the finishing touches to the car customiser and party mode as well as all those annoying little bugs. Also finishing off another update to SlotZ Racer Caterham Special with German localisation as well as the Caterham Drive Experience drift car and track from the Autosport International show.

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sounds awesome, thanks for the quick reply....

Really looking forward to this one, I LOVE the Caterham version and cant wait to play the Full.

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sweet. I was going to ask how progress was coming along but thought I'd just wait as I seem to ask far to often :)
    Nice to see it shouldn't be to far off now.

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Hi guys, any further news.. :)

10. Zwilnik

Progressing. iCloud's working now for both preferences (relevant ones) and tracks as documents, so when you create or edit a track it automatically syncs to all your devices and the car customiser will hopefully have its final art in tonight/tomorrow so hopefully I might be able to take a sneaky screenshot soon.

Some fun things have come up external of SlotZ that have got in the way a little this last week or so, but we're still aiming to go code complete ready for testing in the next week and a bit.

11. Zwilnik

Also, just in case anyone out there wants to get themselves in a hit iOS game, we've got a couple of items up in WeTalkGames' 3rd Annual Co-Op for Kids charity auction. Either as a character in one of our games (if you're a big SlotZ Racer fan, we'd be able to add you in as one of the computer drivers), or if you want, you could get to name one of the big fish in Flick Fishing :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/obeykube/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

12. Zwilnik

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
  14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    hi guys, just wondering if you have an update on a release date yet?

15. Zwilnik

#55 Zwilnik, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    So far we've been focused on getting everything finished, barring the week I lost to the flu :/

Content wise, it's coming along nicely and the biggest variable in the release date is going to be some adjustments in our admin side of things which I can't go into right now, but which could become quite interesting.

Also, it's Eli Hodapp's birthday today, so we've enabled the Track Manager in SlotZ Racer Caterham Special with the exclusive "ELI" track, which you can download today (go to the track manager, browse tracks).

16. Tidus FFX

Tidus FFX Member

Nov 4, 2010
  17. Zwilnik

Things are a bit slower than I'd like at the moment. Currently we've got a combination of home & office move, repeat attacks of cold & flu and a couple of changes in how we'll be releasing the game that are taking time to sort out. The upside of all this is it means we'll be able to test SlotZ Racer on the new iPad.

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Any updates? Feels like I've been waiting ages :)

19. Zwilnik

You have been waiting ages :) we've just had two months of manic house/office hunting and moving sparked off by our landlord selling our house, combine that with some interesting stuff we can't talk about and a new project that we've had to get started to meet deadlines and you can understand why the SlotZ update's been seriously delayed.

I need a blog really, but in the meantime I'll endeavour to update with posts on our Facebook page a bit more regularly :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strange-Flavour-Ltd/20372296306

20. August

August Member

Oct 18, 2011
    cute :)

Reminds me of the games with small racing cars I used to play as a child :)