Baseball sluggers: How do you make quick gold?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sceneshifter, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Sceneshifter

Sceneshifter Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hi all,

Lately I've been picking up baseball sluggers again and have been playing quite a few games the past week. However, I notice that the gold needed to buy half good gear takes AGES to accumulate. I'm not quite sure if I'm "farming" gold correctly or not here. As the game gets broing quite fast if you don't get new toys to play with, I truly want to get some upgrades ;D

I noticed in challenge mode you quickly get 4+ coins of gold, that seems to be a lot more than you would get from playing in singleplayer mode. Is this the fastest and only way from rags to riches? How on earth do you ever get, for example, 2000 coins to buy a nice pair of trousers? I honestly don't get it :) I'm strugglying to get to 240! :-D

Please let me know, thanks!

2. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    achievements. Just keep playing online and keep your achievements in mind.

3. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Achievments are the way to go. I went from 700 to 3000 by doing achievments in one hour. Also playing online gives you some gold balls. The better channel you are in the more gold balls you will get.

4. Sceneshifter

Sceneshifter Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    So how do I get the most achievements in a fast way? I'm playing in the rookie channel and there's rookie's with incredible gear lol, I don't really stand a chance

5. cooper999

cooper999 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Ou want to get some quick add random rivials
    there is a achievement for certain numbersof rivals

6. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    #6 darchinst, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
    One way of getting gold in single player is getting 9 strikes on classic cause the last pitch is always gold. keep hitting it out for gold everytime. how many in a row can you hit?

you need to look at each achievement and see which ones you are closest to getting, then work on those until you get them. keep looking at where you stand for being close to achievements and work on specific ones. that is really the best and quickest way early in the game

you can get alot of achievements in the single player modes by looking for certain ones. arcade is great for 5,10,20 homeruns in a row, 10k & 20k points, hitting poles & billboards, and general homerun count, classic is great for the 10,20,50 homeruns per game and a couple others. both are good for total homeruns and fouls hit. also easy to get early are the matchup ones (50 total matchups, 100 matchups, 50 wins, etc)

BTW, to answer Cooper,
    The Center = add 5 rivals = 100 gold
    Celebrity = add 20 rivals = 500 gold

7. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Darchinist did a great job describing some of the best ways to get gold balls. Basically I spent a lot of time doing single player before going online. Reason is, there are many "easier" achievements. I would make sure you look at some of them and tackle one by one. Get 5 HR in a row, then 10. By getting these two, you'll probably get the 10 and 20k achievements.

And yes, the easiest gold you will make is by adding people. Just add everyone you play against.

Also, getting all these achievements without making any upgrades is much more tedious. In other words, I don't think it would be a good idea to wait until you have 2000 to buy something really expensive. Make sure you buy two or three pieces of clothing that increase your CON. I guarantee you'll be hitting balls outta the park much faster and thus you'll get many many more gold balls.

8. Adaptive Logic

Feb 3, 2009
    It's true achievements are key! You might want to invest in a couple cheap items to give you that extra power/distance. I noticed when I upgraded my guy with a few little things, I was getting more crashes and a few distance achievements. It's slow starting, but once you get a few major achievements the gold starts pouring in. :D