Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-23-2014, 09:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin/P1XL View Post
What was the inspiration for having the player's car armoured though? At least in the movie Duel, the driver wasn't at all prepared in that way. And with the name, I'd assume there's lots of Mad Max / Fury Road inspiration too.
Mad Max was the other half of my inspiration, of course. I made a bit of Mad Max fanart some time ago (the Interceptor car as a lowpoly/pixelart 3D model).

And I wanted to make a game with that car. Later I found the comic book by Stephen King and Joe Hill I mentioned above and thought: Yeah that could be cool getting chased by such a nasty truck!
As I got further with the project a friend of mine drew a concept for the wasteland car which was heavily armored and which suited the gameplay better, because the player is constantly scratching the obstacles and crashing through them with the nitro power-up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wasteland_Car_Rolf_Bertz-small.jpg (97.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-23-2014, 10:07 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

"Duel" is my favorite road movie. Still has it after all these years. Downloading the game now.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:34 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

I'm number 1 on the leader boards at 8926. . More people should be playing this game.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:18 PM

Default Game Impressions

Old 06-05-2014, 04:04 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hey Sanuku,
sooo cool to see a gameplay video made by a player! Thanks for doing that and for posting it here!

@Dirty Harry Hannahan: Meanwhile there are more players on the leaderboard with some really good scores. But I think only a fraction of the people playing Mad Road Driver are posting there scores with game center, maybe I should somehow change the login procedure...

I'm planning the next update for the game with a new unlockable skin for the car (new cars are planned too, but not for the next update). And I think I'm going to decrease the time for the gear up/speed up steps, so the game speeds up faster. What do you think?

Last edited by Renegat; 06-05-2014 at 04:15 AM..
Old 06-05-2014, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegat View Post
Hey Sanuku,
sooo cool to see a gameplay video made by a player! Thanks for doing that and for posting it here!
Not a big deal

About the Game:

I'm really missing in the Game some kind of ongoing Story . It would be great if the Game would get a Story and that would evolve while we are racing through the Game.