• Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 46.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Toys are back! Join Buzz, Woody, and the rest of the Disney Pixar Toy Story gang on their latest adventure!

Toy Story: Smash it! is an all-new, 3D physics-based puzzle game featuring your favorite Toy Story characters! Embark on new adventures with the Toys through hilarious encounters in outer space, alien chases in the Wild West, and more! With 90 levels of nonstop puzzle play, this game will provide hours of explosive and thrilling fun!

* Brick-breaking puzzle play
Throw unique bouncing-balls with special power-ups to knock down aliens and break through their defenses!

* Play as Buzz Lightyear
Team up with Buzz, and work on perfecting the angles and aim needed to beat every level. Encounter your favorite Toy Story characters along the way!

* 6 imaginative episodes
Take a fun-filled journey To Infinity and Beyond! Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime as you stop the evil Zurg, catch alien bandits, and more!

* 90 challenging levels
Encounter new challenges in every level. Find creative ways to smash through bricks, glass, trains, and more to get the highest score possible!

* Hours of replay value
Replay each episode to get 3-stars on every level and earn impressive achievements! Every ball counts!

Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains in-app purchases that cost real money, push notifications to let you know when we have exciting updates like new content, as well as advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies and some third parties.

Echoseven's comments:

02-27-2013, 08:06 PM
This actually looks good.
02-27-2013, 09:14 PM
After watching the vid, definitely an instabuy for me. Can't go wrong at $.99

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird

02-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I agree if you like these 3d angry birds/ block physics games then this looks pretty cool, I've only played the first few levels but it has that Disney polish. Well worth 69p
Generally not a fan of this genre, but look forward to all of your impressions.
02-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Generally not a fan of this genre, but look forward to all of your impressions.
It is friggin awesome.

I had a great time with A Monster Ate My Homework, and i get the same vibe from TSSI, but A Monster Ate My Homework has some high-level ingenuity put into it that i still have see in other games.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Fun game. Jubba: I wouldn't recommend this for real young kids. It's basically a 3D Angry Birds, the main difference is you need to move left and right to line up your shots. (Kinda like walking the perimeter of an arena). For real young kids this would be a lot more confusing than 2D Angry Birds levels.

I 3 starred the first group of 12 levels, and I'm having fun with it. There's different block types, and balls with special abilities so it hasn't become repetitive yet. To get 3 stars is actually quite challenging on some levels.

Initial impression are good. Nice graphics, fun game play, maybe a little 90's nostalgia too
02-28-2013, 11:27 AM
I didn't expect much from this licensed game, but the polish and great gameplay really make this game stand out. Definetely the best game I bought this year so far.
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Whoa, seeing some glowing impressions here. Being a huge Toy Story fan, I'm gonna go ahead and grab this one.
02-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m44 View Post
Fun game. Jubba: I wouldn't recommend this for real young kids. It's basically a 3D Angry Birds, the main difference is you need to move left and right to line up your shots. (Kinda like walking the perimeter of an arena). For real young kids this would be a lot more confusing than 2D Angry Birds levels.

I 3 starred the first group of 12 levels, and I'm having fun with it. There's different block types, and balls with special abilities so it hasn't become repetitive yet. To get 3 stars is actually quite challenging on some levels.

Initial impression are good. Nice graphics, fun game play, maybe a little 90's nostalgia too
Thanks for the response. I woke up this morning and impulsively just hit the buy button, given the $.99 price tag. I agree that it's probably not for little kids, but it's seems like a good game and my kids will probably grow into it given that they're already iOS experts at the ages of 3 and 4.

I have to say that Disney usually impresses me with their iOS releases, whether they be games or interactive apps for their movies (although the latter are usually a little overpriced). Anyway, Disney didn't disappoint me with this one.

GC ID: Jibba Junior.
02-28-2013, 02:15 PM
I'll give 5 stars on this one. If you're interested in a 3D angry birds game, this is great!

The last group of levels requires 120 stars. Each group has 15 levels. So to unlock the last group you need all but 15 stars. (Not going to be easy.)

It's actually easy to 1 star the levels. To 3 star you need to hit all to golden crates, and finish with 2 balls. . . . Sometimes that means 1 shot, but usually it's 2 or 3.

I'm about halfway through the third group now, and I would definitely recommend this for 99 cents.

The only thing I would knock it for is: not quite enough Toy Story. Seems more TS themed than an actual TS story. . . . 9/10 for this minor little thing.

Still great for what it is though.