• Publisher: dai lin
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 17.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: GridWars is a fast-paced and exciting space shoot game with twin stick control.
NO IAP inside. I promise you will gain endless fun. Enjoy it!

The object of GridWars is to survive as long as possible by collect powerups and score as many points as possible by destroying an ever-increasing swarm of enemies.

WARNING: This game is extremely addicting.BE CAREFUL.

Reviews:
"This game WILL suck you in. Whether you are a casual gammer, who prefers simple things, like myself, or die-hard, 24/7 hi-tech person, you can't help but play and play. It's amazing how the most simple games are the best!"------- ruggie0
"This is old school video gaming at it's best! Simple to learn, difficult to master. It takes strategy and some fast moving fingers, especially on the "hard" setting. Sometimes it's nice to be able to distract yourself for a few minutes with a good, simple video game - this one delivers." -----Bruski

Featrues:
2 dynamic background.
3 difficulty levels.
9 enemy bases.
10 powerups
10+ enemy types.
Support GameCenter.

Q: How to get higher scores?
A: Get higher scores by keeping multiplier in high number. Bomb and die reset multiplier to 1.

Contact us
Twitter: https://twitter.com/iLinStudio
Game Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC1x8hEASQo

dailin's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

This game is small size,lots of content,endless fun.
Promotion codes:
XEX4ALJEWWMR
34EMJPAWF94A
RL3M33E9H49W
4NJ3TKYW63E3

Extra 10 codes, Enjoy it
ALTAX6JLJ4R3
4K7P9N6AJH4Y
FPWHJXW3KATJ
WEH43R7AKTKY
7EPYNJJF4TJ6
MHPF9PAYP6J6
AJKFLYNMNRRF
JEPNR9LK6KNR
44TAY9K47AR3
Y7XTFHL3HJWW

If there are any problem,pls tell me. Thanks
Tips: After lock fire direction, focus on move.This is big helpful to reduce operation counts.It is difficult to control when move and change fire direction at the same time
05-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
I get the impression that the Dev here is not really a fan of twin stick shooters. An attempt has been made to simplify the game, to make it easier to play. When you make such a choice as a developer it can be easy to forget that experienced gamers do not often enjoy such restrictions.

In this case it would have been better to provide two control schemes, but I feel I should add that when I play a game like Geometry Wars I generally shoot in pretty much one direction while focusing more on my movement.
I set app unavailable because of control problem.
I like Geometry Wars but I hate twin stick very much because it is hard to accuracy control I design this control which focus more on move easily and find that most of people don't enjoy this control.
I will add twin stick control in new version as you said.
05-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Neon Tango

The graphics remind me quite a bit about the six years old Mac game Neon Tango:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMpVi64Iz0A
http://www.maclife.com/article/neon_tango

06-08-2014, 06:07 AM
Great update of GridWars 2 is out. No AD and NO IAP inside (by iLin Studio)

Support iPhone and iPad. Support twin sticks. This game is small size,lots of content,endless fun.
12-15-2014, 08:39 AM
Anyone know how to contact this person?
I want to talk to them about the wholesale use of my code, sound effects, music, etc. without a single mention or credit.

Tried sending a PM and tweet but no response.

Thanks,
Mark
12-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Is this not Geometry wars?

I bought both 1 and 2 for xbox live, and this is very very very very similar(to put it lightly). Hope this gets cleared up.

Last edited by Dr_Nachin; 12-15-2014 at 08:46 AM.
12-15-2014, 12:57 PM
It's my Gridwars that was inspired by Geometry Wars. I coded it in 2006/7. I was told to stop distributing it by the Geometry Wars people. I took it down from my site. It was still available in many places but I had no control over that. The code and all the assets were included with the download.
My name and other contributor's names were stripped from the title screen.
12-15-2014, 01:43 PM
ok that clears things up

Thanks fir the info. Hope the uploader contacts you. Maybe contact apple to have them take down the app also?