iPhone Spheroku(TM) -- 3-d logic puzzle based on sudoku.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Spheroku Developer, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
    As one of the developers, I want to introduce a new way to play sudoku that very soon will be available on iTunes and GooglePlay for iPhone, iPads and Android smartphones and tablets.

We are racing with time to finish the app and get it out to the world. The release date will soon be announced, but hopefully it will be in the next few weeks.

This is unlike any other implementation of sudoku out there.

1) it uses colors instead of numbers
    2) the classic size 9x9x9 grid is wrapped around a sphere. The wrapping is the same style as the maps of the earth on the globe.

Here are additional consequences related to this implementation:

a) you never see the whole game grid all at once
    b) you rotate the Spheroku in every direction by touch with the tip of your finger.
    c) the colors are selected and placed by touch.
    d) top and bottom are interchangeable
    e) horizontal grids don't have defined left and right sides but are complete loops.
    f) the cells are not the same size but are defined by non-euclidean geometry.

Some people say it reminds them of Rubic's Cube, but unlike the cube, you can never "learn the solution" and every game is different.

The concept started with simple questions -- What if the numbers were colors instead -- would it be easier or more difficult to get the answers? Then other questions followed and we ended with this wonderful new experience of the old classic... Warning: This game is even more addictive then the original grid-number based that has turned millions to SJs (sudoku junkies).

The Patent Is pending. More info will be coming soon. Please help us to spread the word around.
    www.spheroku.com

[​IMG]

This is the logo of the game, but it also shows the concepts.

2. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Great idea based on sudoku - this is my type game i love. Look forward to trying it

3. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
    Thank you for the kind word. We are considering creating one level that would run outside the normal engine of the game and could be played on the web, so people could try it even before it is available in iTunes.

I'll keep you posted

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

That good, please post the link when you complete it on web.

5. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
    #5 Spheroku Developer, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    Just an update: The game is not released yet, but you can try 3 levels online right now if you are willing to install the Unity player. (Don't worry, no spamming or any other problems).

Please help to spread the word :D

Enjoy!

http://www.spheroku.com/spheroku/web/

The rules:
    Each area surrounded with black boarder, each vertical slice and each horizontal slice have 9 cells. No color can be placed twice in any of the areas or slices. Use mouse to rotate the Spheroku, and to pick / place colors. Markers, to help remember positions can be placed anywhere on the surface of Spheroku with a click . No scoring or timing is implemented in this demo version.

6. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

I spent over 5 minutes to complete the level Easy

7. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
    Was it easy? Or should we make the easy levels even easier?

8. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
  9. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
    Spheroku Youtube link

Youtube video showing easy levels Spheroku of iPad and sudoku on paper being solved on split screen in real time

http://youtu.be/ZxinXvcGncU

10. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
  11. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
  12. Marco1

Marco1 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    When is this due to be released onto the App Store?

13. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
    #13 Spheroku Developer, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    Marko1 -- We wanted to create a little publicity before we release the game, so we have spent some effort on this task. Now the heat is on because of the great opportunities that this publicity has created... We have to get it to app stores within a month because Spheroku™ will be featured on nationally syndicated TV program NewsWatch. The two minute segment will be broadcast in mid-September on two channels: The History Channel and on ION Network.

When I posted the links to SFGate, I did not have a full picure of the press release impact --it got huge distribution. http://www.spheroku.com/spheroku/NEWS/

Did the Rubik's Cube just get a virtual successor? ;-)

14. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Anywise, personal i seen it not a challenge game.

15. Spheroku Developer

Jul 1, 2013
    Spheroku has been released for Android today. It is available in Google Play.

As far as the iOS it is going through reviews in Apple Stores ans should be released soon. It should also be soon available at the Samsung Store where is going throug review process as well.

If you are on Android, please download and rate it as it is so important for the game discovery in the early going...

Please :eek:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11115093.htm