Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    #581 OrangutanKungfu, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    What are you playing instead? Just curious.

Anyone giving the ARMS testpunch a go?

Edit: What happened to Alexythimia's comments about the small library of AAA titles? Seemed like fair comment to me.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #582 crunc, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    If you don't already have it on something else, and if you have people to play it with (it's local multiplayer only), definitely pick up Towerfall Ascension when that releases for Switch. The dev has to get Celeste out first, but he said that Towerfall is coming. This is probably the most fun local competitive multiplayer game I've played and it's accessible. I highly recommend it. It also has a fun coop mode (and that's fun solo too), but that's not the meat of the game.

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    IOS games and my xbox one s.

4. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    That's cool. I'm still playing plenty on iOS. Just wondering which games.

I know I probably shouldn't be getting more full-price video games for the Swith when I'm only halfway through Zelda and have barely scratched the surface of Mario Kart but... I kinda still want Street Fighter II despite all the negative press. I don't think I've ever actually owned it, despite playing it to death in arcades and at friends' houses over the years. I had Mortal Kombat on the Game Gear, Tekken on PSP... Fighters just work really well on the go.

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Super addicted to Rogue Wizards right now!

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    First business trip and flight with Switch!

I just came back from my first business trip that I got to use my Switch and get hours of BOTW in... insaw one guy in front of me playing his Switch and BOTW and we chatted when departing on how it is a great stress reliever for us and how we both came from the original and older systems such as pong and Atari.

On my second flight the male flight attendant couldn't control himself and saw me playing ... at first I thought I was going to have to explain how I don't have wifi on etc... he was just giddy and saying "so cool" and on the way off he was still so excited. I told him it was a great way to pass time from Chicago to SF.

At first wearing my suit and playing the Switch felt a bit odd but after 2 mins into BOTW with my noise canceling Bose headset I was doing just fine!

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I assumed I would stop playing iOS games after investing in the Switch and BOTW.

Switch games
    BOTW only

iOS - newer or active games I intend to play
    Ok golf
    Ticket to earth
    Solitarica
    Love you to bits
    Samorost 3
    Card Thief
    Sky Fish

8. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    It's coming June 8th! I wasn't expecting it so soon and only $19.99.

9. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yes - I'm super stoked for this. Metroidvanias go straight to my wallet...

10. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Here I am still trying to get my hands on a Switch here in Phoenix. :( At work on my 3rd monitor I keep 4 tabs open all day
    - 2 on brickseek.com (red/blue, and gray consoles), 1 on istocknow.com, 1 on nowinstock.net.

A scalper beat me by about 30 minutes on Tuesday. I know because I saw the receipt on his craigslist posting where he's selling a Switch for $450 and it came from the Walmart I went to when I got a stock alert. I super loathe scalpers.

The hunt continues.

11. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Wow that's rough. I wish you luck.

Meanwhile these crazy people are dropping them from drones.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/random_watch_what_happens_when_you_drop_a_switch_from_1000_feet

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I should just sell you mine lol

13. tekchic

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
  14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Meanwhile in New Zealand I can walk into literally any electronics store and buy a dozen.

If you're REALLY desperate, order one from overseas?

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I should sell mine, I played Zelda for a while but now its collecting dust!

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    You've mentioned it a few times now, I think we get it.

17. tekchic

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't think I'm desperate enough to pay $30+ for overseas/shipping yet. Mostly it'll be a Zelda/Mario Kart machine until Monster Hunter / Pokemon, etc shows up. :) Although I do work for the airlines (front-end dev), so that makes me tempted to start looking at a crazy weekend flight, haha!

Looks like 4 or 5 Wal-Marts in my city have gotten 2-4 *just* in stock in the past hour, but when I went by today, the guy mentioned they're in stock but not in the building, so he thought they'll be on the truck arriving. I'll wait it out awhile longer... wish I had a buddy at a Wal-Mart or GameStop that could hold one for even 20 minutes for me though!

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    My bad geez!

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I got mine online at Target. The catch is that I had to get a $500 bundle that included BoW, Mario Kart, a pro controller and a case. Still better than spending $75-100 over retail from an Amazon reseller.

20. tekchic

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Got "lucky" finally today (after awhile of heavy stock monitoring online haha). Stopped by after 4pm and it was quiet in Wal-Mart electronics department, so one of the employees was nice enough to check out back and 2 had just come off the truck. I waited around for them to unbox the load and he walked out a gray Switch for me -- I was super excited!

Picked up BotW and the deluxe travel case (have screen protector and USB-A to C cable coming from Amazon on Monday). Time to sink some big time hours into BotW :D Looking forward to my work trip next week for the extra game time in flight.