Why would you want to play things like eliminate...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lord-sam, Nov 24, 2009.

1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Why do people get into games (agency wars, touch pets, izombie?) that are free but you end up wanting to pay up to £60 for in game points?! If you don't get the game in the first place you won't get sucked in... Or am I missing something? Are they actually good and worth the money

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I love the game and I'm level 32, haven't put a cent into it

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    This thread = FAIL

4. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    Ya! That is SO true, yeah, I really believe you! (Sarcastic)

5. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    #5 Theta-Omega, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
    Because Eliminate isn't text based. The rest of them, because people have both time and money to waste.

Did you just make this thread because you spent a lot of money on one them? (non-confrontational question)

6. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Yeah but people don't care about the money they will waste on it. They want to pay the game and get sucked in cause they think the game will be fun and obviously think it is, so technically they are getting pleasure from playing it...

7. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    well elminate is a FPS... so its uncomparable with those text based mmos. Play eliminate, doesnt cost you a dime, and is a pretty fun FPS.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    gtfo

9. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Maybe it's because they're fun?

10. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    fun could be a factor in this

11. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #11 tblrsa, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    Eliminate is fun for a while, i´ve spent some money on it. But now i only play with free power cells or w/o energy. It´s terribly unbalanced anyway, just think about the overpowered AR or cheaters who have been able to play for over 2 weeks, and probably still do. I prefer games like Quake Live, where everyone starts with the same equipment.

Last but not least, i´m sure that soon more and more FPS will hit the Appstore. Some of em will only cost a one time fee for sure, and thus pretty much seal the fate for the overpriced "pay to play" System in Eliminate.

12. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    i play eliminate because it's free... and fun.

13. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    lol who puts eliminate and those stupid mafia wars games in the same category? They're not even close to the same.

14. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Eliminate is awesome.

I only pay for it on occasion because everyone got the game for free which is a sweet idea.

But if no one, including the people who can afford to pay, pays for the game, then we probably won't get any more games like it.

15. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    On eliminate i just play...i don't pay for those cells

16. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Ok, sorry I didn't mean eliminate. I thought you did have to pay for things in it. But Im talking about all the text based ones

17. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    that makes sense. the text based games are like addicting then you realize that they are stupid as hell

18. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

It's because people can't control themselves, and that's exactly what the eliminate developers want. They want to have a really large wifi ego by beating some unknown pixels, so they invest more and more into it. It's basically a more pathetic version of the idiots spending hundreds of dollars in gears in real MMORPGs on the PC.

19. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #19 tblrsa, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
    Yes, why i have to give props to ngmoco for creating one of the first playable FPS on the iPhone, i also have to say that the pay to play system is still flawed. And don´t forget that if ID wouldnt have put the Quake 3 Source Code out as "Open Source", there would be no Eliminate as we know it today. I can´t help myself, it just seems to me that ngmoco tries to maximize profit with minimal effort on this game. If you look what 99 Cents can get you on the Appstore, you realize that the energy cells in Eliminate are just way too overprized.

20. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    minimal efforts? It is hard making online multiplayer with an FPS! board games, 2d games, etc. are simple compared to this.
    And they're even listening to our complaints. They are making it so we can try out the armors before buying them! and they're adding maps. The mathcmaking cant be fixed since there are enough people online to be matched with people near ur level. Im NEVER matched with anyone bellow 30 and im a 21 okay? I would know how frustrating that is.