Game Releases 2012 - Games to Come Each Week

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by triggywiggy, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReddestDream

ReddestDream Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    Ultimately, the Mithril Horde II release all comes down to Chillingo's whims . . . If they say it isn't among the releases coming this week, it won't be coming this week (Jan 16th-23rd). I understand not listing it yet since this thread is only for releases coming this week, not those coming later. Just make sure it's among the titles listed as expected/unconfirmed for next week, OK? :)

Also, since I haven't heard from Elendil confirming that Chillingo has even submitted the game, there isn't any certainty that it will be out next week. He said he would ask Chillingo about it today. I'll post here if I get any updates from him.

This game has been held up in contractual issues for at least two weeks, so there's been a lot of confusion about when it will be released . . . We all just want to see this expansion, one of the biggest Zarista games has ever produced, finally released! :(

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Thanks, I take your part of the development team. I understand how you may be in a issue with releasing your game with chillingo's publishing team, many devs I talk to struggle to get a clear date as to when they will have their game release. What I have noticed is they put up games on their coming soon page. Any game on that page will be released in the next 1 or 2 weeks. They never release a game without it being on that page. So if its not on that page chances are its not coming.

As I said we also emailed them and as far as I have been told Order Up To Go is the only release this week.

3. ReddestDream

ReddestDream Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    Nope, just a big fan of The Quest! Glad to help though! Thanks for the info about Chillingo! :D

4. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Gutted no Paper Monsters :( heard theres been submission issues with a lot of developers this week-oh well maybe next week

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Really ? Arrrgh i was after that one today, wish we could have a concrete date though, seems like we're guessing some weeks. At least it 'should' be soon but disappointing not today

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Soul calibur is 15.99 nz$ doesn't really mention the control scheme other than "virtual pad"... hmmm

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What with Rayforce/Soul Calibur's high prices, i think freemium isnt looking as bad as i originally thought ! ;)

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well if the controls are great, i don't mind because i know that soul calibur is really great but i'll have to wait for some impressions first though.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #130 psj3809, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Come on Jazz: Trumps Journey, please appear and dont be delayed!

Edit - phew its there !

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Well... that's it from me. Anything I missed?

12. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #132 Tannorexic, Jan 18, 2012
    Damn all my hopes and dreams were shattered when paper monsters didn't come out.

My anticipated games for Jan/feb
    1.Heroki
    2.Fix the leaks - wicked casual puzzler being released by big fish games
    3. Droopy blocks
    4. Popcorn dragon
    5. Kale in dinoland
    and paper monsters of course! But I thought that'd be out already

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nice work fella, appreciated as always

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #134 backtothis, Jan 18, 2012
    Thinking about getting Soul Calibur, JAZZ, Smash Cops, and Niko. Getting Time of Heroes for sure. Will definitely get the iAP for Scribblenauts Remix if the update comes out tonight. The price of Soul Calibur was a little surprising, especially since there isn't even local multiplayer. That's pretty much the only reason I have to play fighters. An intro sale of $6.99 and a normal price of $9.99 would have been preferable and an instant-buy. We'll see.

15. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Add Ash II to the list of releases tonight. Omg, yesss.

16. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Aghh...I'm really bummed out that Unstoppable Gorg is only for iPad! :(

17. fo91

fo91 New Member

Jan 11, 2012
    So true. Of course, there are some games which just won't work on an iPhone, but I was really looking forward to this one. Will just have to buy an Ipad at some point.

Hopefully there are going to be as many great releases this years as last. I just found some numbers on portable game software and in 2011 iOs and Android really crushed Nintendo and Playstation. Hope 2012 will repeat that with more great games, and maybe hardware which will even better graphics possible.

18. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, this weeks releases were pretty awesome, so things are looking good so far.

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think my original suggestion that The Quest: Mithril Horde II be on next week's list was mis-understood for this week. I understand The Quest: Mithril Horde II is expected next week, 24th+, and now suggest it be added to that chronology upcoming.

20. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Sorry mate but, it's not there again... So as I said before will not be coming out next week. http://www.chillingo.com/games/coming_soon/