Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #941 GoofyJmaster., Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    Hmm...I guess I'll just keep trying. The game did crash more before the update when I installed Desert Zombie Last Stand. I wouldn't think this would be a direct correlation since I've never had it happen before and DZLS works fine for the most part.

Also, I don't want to delete DZLS because I'll lose all my progress, but now IB2 crashes immediately. I'm pretty sure this problem is on Chair's end.

Edit

Thanks for posting this because I knew it wasn't just me. I can't get it work after resets or reinstalls though. I'm going to check all major social networks and see how many people are having this problem!

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    No I'll just pass n wait until its fixed properly as can't be bothered to reset my device everytime I want to play one game.

3. Tom261

Tom261 Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Still crashes on my ipod too :( I'm starting to regret buying it...

4. SuperSah

SuperSah Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    England, UK.
    Works perfectly on my 5.0.1 iPod 4G.

5. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Please try this FIX it might bring back lost progress!!

1.go to Setting then iCloud and turn off Documents & Data
    2.go to storage & backup > Manage Storage > *your iDevice name* > then choose off next to infinity blade II
    3.Now this is the tricky part go back to Manage storage and click infinity blade II you should find lots of (SwordSaveX_ ,SwordSaveSlotX_ 's) press Edit and delete all of them except the largest (SwordSaveX_ and SwordSaveSlotX_) in size ,you should only have one of each
    4.now close settings and run the game and hopefully your progress will be back. !!
    Ps. this is not 100% guaranteed to work ,at least it worked for me
    Also let me know if it worked for you :)

6. Badtz!

Badtz! Active Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Did you only lose your money?

7. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    So this has turned out to be a somewhat lack luster year for me. Even though I love that mobile gaming is progressing, I hate:

1. Apple didn't release a new iPod.

2. Games being rushed

3. (sort of goes hand in hand with 2) I understand that some developers might not have the resources to dedicate to optimization for every device, but geez. Also, Chair should have been able to make the game run fine on A4. They struck gold with the first game.

4. Wonder why small developers can incorporate iCloud but bigger ones can't.

5. Plus I have to wonder about the market and http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2025947#post2025947

Guess I'll just be waiting for a legit update.

8. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Did anyone really beat this game yet? It reminds me of the movie 'Memento'. It's like playing through a movie. I've never been so fascinated and immersed in a game in a long time.

As a hardcore gamer, I'm very satisfied with the experience I'm having. Truly an epic engrossing story. I like the exploration without having to traverse obstacles and hitting invisible walls. I'd classify IB2 as an RPG, Action, Adventure with a visceral combat system that makes you feel like your fighting for dear life at times.

I logged many hours playing Infinity Blade II and I'm still as fascinated as I was the first day I saw this eye candy running on my iPhone 4.

9. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    It is not hard to beat the game at all (last boss fight is pretty lame too). Story is comparable to Memento? lol :rolleyes:

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Just finished the game. Absolutely no intention to start another round on NG+. It was a nice experience though, even a mostly smooth one after the update. The final minutes / battles are great (but really not that hard). Story wise, still barebones, but quite interesting, although just teasing again, you still don't know anything. And I personally loved the sci-fi hints in IB1, they seem completely thrown overboard. But we'll see.

Now, chair should start something completely else, I don't think this game mechanic can blow me away a third time. They should use their resources and skills for a totally different game.

11. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah what I played of the game is really awesome and IB1 was great. The cinematic feeling is definitely a plus. I think I'd classify it as a storylined fighting. I was going to be nice and classify it as a RPG hybrid up until I started playing The Bard's Tale. So, I got anal again. :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Searched around and it seems like with the new update title screen crashing is definitely still a problem, save bug seems to not have been fixed at all, and people losing their gold.

12. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Hi Developers,

Great game, aside from the bugs. I just have a little issue with the New Game+ thing. I've completed the Old Game once through, and have unlocked a New Game + at level 39, but I've kept my Old Game playing till Level 59, but the New Game stats don't change. Can you please update it such that when you complete a round of the Old Game, it updates the stats of the New Game? Because now, I've pretty much wasted a few solid days of playing, if I ever choose to go for a New Game +. Thank you.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the developers read this thread, but if there's anyone else out there wondering, yes, completing the Old Game twice doesn't re-update the New Game stats; they're "frozen" after you complete the Old Game the first time. Can someone help me communicate this issue to wherever it'll make a difference? Thanks. ^^

13. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    There'll be a better chance of them hearing you if you post on the Infinity Blade forums. Just so you know.

14. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Yeah it was just hacked money. I think it was a glitch though bc I have it working now :D

15. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    On their forum there were some people complaining about losing gold that they actually bought. But I think it was due to them getting hit with the iCloud/save game bug.

If you actually buy gold you should back up your game to the computer.

16. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I got my save to work by turning off iCloud documents and data then turned off IB2. Seems alright now, fingers crossed.

17. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Here are some things posted by Silver over at the IB community!

Hey there, I thought it may be useful to someone suffering from losing their gamesave files after restarting the game

1. What to do: start IB2, when options button will be accessible start a new character or just load any other slot (for this purpose I started a new character and won the first fight in order not to watch the intro every time you load this slot). After that, when you access game slots again, you will see you "lost slot", start it. That's it. I recommend you rename the hero in order not to mismatch slots

You may also want to find the iCloud docs folder on your Mac and find you saves there for back up whithout any iPhone Explorer (I made a shortcut in Finder for this folder, it's like Dropbox now)

2. Bad news is that you cannot restart boss fight by a hard restart of IB2 like with GK in IB1. This hole is closed, you'll have to replay from rebirth. But I tried just once, it could be just a glitch. Yes it loaded me before the fight with the tower Ix boss after hard restart, but after defeating him, after stats screen, flashing circle pointed not the way to Worker, but to the next fight with the same boss. But he was invisible and didn't fight, blocked every my hit. The only way was to restart from rebirth. When I did everything from the first time, all worked.

IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

If you see that you lost your game and the method described above doesn't help, as soon as possible:

1. Turn on airplane mode
    2. Go to your mac/PC and make a backup
    3. Then turn off airplane mode and let iCloud synchronize files
    4. Kill IB 2
    5. Overwrite files in IB 2 docs by the files from your backup
    6. Start IB 2

18. robertgarcia

robertgarcia Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It worked Well for me before but with the update it works even better. I am at rebirth 7 and have killed 2 deathless. Im having trouble with the other two though.

19. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    I bought this the day it came out, but am just loading it onto my iPad this very moment. I missed all the glitches and save problems. Quick question: one doesn't need iCloud to absolutely play this game, right? Because it's permanently off (for all docs/apps).

I'm just reading the thread backwards, but if I understood it right, there is a save problem with iCloud, so I should largely be unaffected, even with patch updates.

20. Mr Boogeyman

Mr Boogeyman Active Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Just make a new character slot and finish the first fight (so you don't have to watch the intro) then when your fighting a boss and die quickly switch to your other character, then you can load you save and fight the boss with out haveing to start from rebirth