iTunes help (apps)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gov, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I can't seem to get any apps to sync with my iPhone 5. I can transfer my purchased apps with no problems, but when I want to add an app to my device, it won't sync to the iPhone. All my apps are backed-up on my laptop. When I check any app to add to my device... It won't sync it. I tried doing this with sonic cd, I didn't work so I ended up downloading the entire game again from AppStore. Getting annoyed. Hopefully iOS 7 fixes this. Btw iTunes is latest build & iPhone is on latest 6.1.4. Music & videos sync perfectly. Just apps from backup!

Has anyone here had similar problems? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Never happened in the past. Only recently.

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I had the similar problem a while back when I got my iPhone 5.You can't sync the apps meant for iPhone 4 or 4s.
    I had to download all the apps again too.There was only one app that was synced and it was Lostwinds.

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Ahh, that kind of makes sense! I will try and sync an iPhone 5 optimised app soon, and see if this works. Does this mean all my iPhone 4S backups are if no use for my iPhone 5? This is unbelievable! There are some apps I don't want updating like Capcom Arcade (the one before they wrecked it)

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Turns out it wasn't an iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 incompatibility thing. iTunes is just being stupid for me. I managed to fix the issue using a program called iTools. Works just like iTunes and its is ad-free. Got my old backups syncing once again!