Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - By Fishlabs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    "Six special ships (only available for owners of the Kaamo Club)"

Any idea where I can find these? I already own the Kammo club & updated but cannot find the special ships, should they be for sale in the Kammo club or are they to be found elsewhere?

2. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Fly to a few different stations and come back. See if there are any visitors ;)

3. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    That's what I was afraid of. The game really looks beautiful in hd, but the performance drop is not worth it IMO. The sd version looks great to with awesome performance. Lowering the resolution just doesn't looking as good as using the retina display on the sd version.

4. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    #384 tonyatf, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Anyone having trouble restoring the valkyrie add-on on the iphone 5 after buying it on the ipad 2? i have the club and supernova but not valkyrie add-on and i dont want to buy it again.

ok i thought if i rebought it again itunes would see i bought it before, it did not and now i am charged again. what the ####

5. Jet_Black

Sep 19, 2012
    Thanks Quantum :). On my way back to base now...

6. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    I mentioned a similar problem above... last time I restored it didn't say "$4.99" so it was clear it restored. Now it won't restore on any of my devices and I don't dare hit buy again as you proved doesn't work... Grrr!

7. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    All I can think of right now is to install the SD version again to receive the Valkyrie gift once more.

How many of you bought the Valkyrie HD expansion and are having problems restoring? Or is it the people who received the gift initially?

8. tonyatf

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    mine was a gift from buying valkyrie on the SD version.

9. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    It was for just having SD on your device :p

Anyway, that is probably the cause of it for now, and it not registering with iTunes.

You can try contacting Apple if you really want a refund on the accidental purchase.

10. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    #390 diabolus, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Made a short video of gameplay on my iPhone 4S.

Never try to come close to Supernova without a gamma-shield^^

11. tonyatf

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    #391 tonyatf, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    I contacted apple yesterday and they sent an email today giving me a refund. :D

A solution was found on the GOF 2 boards

http://forum.fishlabs.net/viewtopic.php?lang=en&f=29&t=3995

12. Jet_Black

Sep 19, 2012
    Still no luck quantum... I've flew back & forth to the station at least 10 times now & still no ships. There's people in the bar but all they offer are upgrades on my current ship, no mention of "extra" ships.

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I think it's too much for the A5X to handle so you'll have to run at 1440 instead. Probably won't run smooth in retina until the 4th gen iPad.

14. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The game performs well on the new iPad at the 1440x1080 setting and looks absolutely fine IMO. It's great to get back into GOF2 again and the Supernova add-on is excellent so far after a few hours into the campaign.

15. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    Yup, that did it... Can I delete the SD version now or do I need to have it around permanently?

16. tonyatf

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    Delete it. :D

17. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game play full screen on iPhone 5?

18. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Just the HD version.

I got the normal GOF2 version, but never really played it much. I do plan to finish the game once I get my iPhone5, but will want the HD version for that. Is it possible to get it for a discount? Or will there be a sale soon?

19. BunchOCurls

BunchOCurls Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Anyone having a problem with openfeint? I'm trying to get a file restore off openfeint on my new iPhone 5? Any ideas?

20. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    OK, so here's how the stations work.

After every few different stations you dock at (usually 3 other stations), THEN a station refreshes with new goodies :p So, fly and dock at 3 OTHER stations before returning to Kaamo, and it should have some new stuff. If you keep going to and from only 2 stations, you're just maintaining their products and preventing them from refreshing. Check out some other orbits before coming back. Hopefully that helps.

Make sure you are logged in with the same OF login on both devices, and check you have saved a file to the online slot. Then, when you refresh the slot on your iPhone 5, the save should come up.