Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - By Fishlabs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    If i buy the new expansion in galaxy on fire 2(regular), will it also unlock in galaxy on fire 2hd if i install hd at a later date and still have the original GOF2 installed? Thank you!

2. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012

Thanks again Quantumn :). Am I right in thinking that the people in the space lounge will offer ships to buy & not a new shop will appear in the Kammo hangar?

3. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Save your game as online using Openfeint when you want to change to the HD version, under the save game slot designated for Openfeint. It should unlock your expansion pack in the HD version as well.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    To anyone playing through the Supernova add-on - where can I pick up more ionizing missiles? I'm on the mission where I have to collect the gas plasma orbs. I've used up the initial 15 missiles I was given during the story, but I can't find any more. I thought they were meant to be available in the Mido system, but I've visited all the stations there several times and there are none to be found. Can anyone help?

5. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Try Nivelian systems.

6. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Thank you, I found some.

7. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    #407 FriedSushi, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    How are you supposed to beat the part where
    you go back into void space and you have to latch onto alice's valkryie ship? When trying to solve the puzzle my cloak always runs out and i end up dying. Or i dont finish in time when i spend some time trying to kill some fighters first?

Really annoying

EDIT: nevermind, somehow solved it accidentally within 10 seconds of opening it lol, got lucky

8. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yep, it will be in the space lounge. They might also sell other goodies ;)

Remember, the Kaamo Lounge is like a shop too, and once you've purchased things there, you will have to go to other stations to refresh the lounge.

You sure you got the best cloak? :p
    You can also
    try dropping off some mines or sentry guns around the area before docking
    , but I guess you got it sorted already :p

9. Sierra275

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    Guys does anyone know how to get the Ship Collector Medal? Do you have to actually bring each ship to Kaamo in order to get the achievement? Because what I do is I go to a station, buy all the ships and choose the "keep" option, so that they automatically get transferred to Kaamo. Will that get me the medal, or do I have to actually dock each and every ship to unlock the achievement?

Also, must you have all 50 ships in Kaamo simultaneously? Because if I can't just buy one, put it in Kaamo, and then sell it off again, I'm seriously gonna need a lot of cash to buy one of every ship (there's around 54 or so).

Help please! I can't seem to find answers anywhere.

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #410 visionwebs, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    I think it's 50 different ships all in there at the same time, that is only pure speculation though but it logically makes sence if it helps at all.

-----------

I've also been looking at their official forums for the past day or two and the ammount of bad language and insulting that goes on there makes touch arcades bad days look like a happy trip to the seaside lol!

It is Enough to make me want to delete the game actually. Can't believe that sort of thing is allowed to go on! :eek:

There's no rhyme or reason to it. :confused:
    Wouldn't like my money supporting things like this at all, I used to recommend this game to every one but I shal no longer do so.

So sad :(

At least they aren't as bad as team lava for moderation.

11. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    dude ios 6 and the new update and on ipad 3 for the most part it runs really awesome in retina res now im verrrrrrrry freaking happy right now.

12. What's the best ship right now?
    Also, can any have 2 or more turrets?

13. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The Bloodstar is generally regarded to be the most powerful ship in the game. It is unlocked after defeating the "most wanted" character Qyrr Myftt in a bounty hunter mission.

14. Didn't got there yet :(
    But thanks!

15. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    My personal favourite ship is the Nemesis. It doesn't have any turrets though.

16. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Goddamn, this part is incredibly annoying! Not only is the "hacking" minigame 10x more frustrating than fun, but this particular scenario doesn't let you skip the dialouge, so you have to sit through it over and over again to retry.

17. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    The HD version had been on sale for 99 Cent for almost a month. We've now moved the price up to 4,99 US-$ for a limited amount of time before it'll be back at 9,99 US-$. So if you're intending to get the HD version anyway, now would be a good opportunity. I don't think it'll go down to 99 Cent again too soon.

18. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I wonder what's happening with regards to the ship only available on extreme.
    Makes the bloodstar overrated as best ship.
    Would be really good to have that other ship on the lower difficulties. :)

Really don't want to give up my save game because the ammount of time spent on it, you don't want to know!

Heh;)

19. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    #419 Tobi@Fishlabs, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    At first we decided to make the Specter only available for those who've managed to finish the new add-on on "extreme" because we thought it would be nice if those hardcore players would get a little reward for their effort. However, we also understand that the Specter is most likely the most iconic ship in the whole Supernova expansion and that everybody wants to fly it. So our developers are currently working on a solution that'll make it available for other players as well. If all goes as planned, said solution will be implemented with the next update, which is due to be submitted in the next couple of days.

20. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    #420 seyoon, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    Wow, nice to know an update is coming. I hope there's a way to prolong the game by putting in more Most Wanted lists. Suffering from post-Supernova here. :D

Nope, there's currently no ship that can equip dual turrets. Wish there was though.

As for favorite ship, it's entirely up to your preferences:

Bloodstar - my personal favorite. Has 500+ armor, 4 primary weapons, 4 secondary slots, turret, 15 equipment slots and good handling. I don't have any complaints on this one.

Specter - has the highest armor out of all the fighters at an astounding 840 after upgrades (the Rhino is the beast in Armor but its not really for combat). What you gain in Armor, you lose in not having a turret and only having 2 secondary slots for your missiles. And what good is a ship if the campaign is over anyway. I guess you can just use this for the last 3 Most Wanted Lists or bragging rights that you beat the game in the hardest difficulty.

Teneta R.E.D. - the only other fighter that's slightly higher in armor (585) than the Bloodstar. Turret support but only 2 secondary weapons. This is what you want if you're fine with only 2 kinds of missiles.

Kinzer RS - this was my favorite before unlocking the Bloodstar (what can I say, I'm a Missiles kinda guy). 4 primaries and 4 secondaries. No turret though. Armor 460 and 16 equipment slots.

Groza MK II - this one is for those that are in love with their primary weapons. The only fighter in that game that can be armed with FIVE primary weapons. No turret and only one secondary slot. Armor 490.

Rhino - armor of 1,240 after upgrades. This is a beast when your not in Extreme or Hard mode and feels like you have a bullet-proof vest. But it's not for combat since you don't have primary weaponry. You're stuck with a couple kinds of missiles and a turret. Also has sluggish horrible handling even after upgrades and with a Plasma Thrust. Time to retire your Cormorant. If you need a good cargo ship, this is it.

Those are the only notable ships I can favor north of the VoidX. And I already own and upgraded all of them :D. Oh, I forgot to mention, you're gonna need a good Vossk ship later in the campaign so don't sell that S'Kanarr yet (the best Vossk ship out there). But if you can get ahold of newer Na'srrk, that'll do just fine.