Sky Combat - by Alien Worm / Chillingo

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Alien Worm, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien Worm

Alien Worm Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #1 Alien Worm, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

[​IMG]

Sky Combat will be published by Chillingo in the second week of February 2011.

Sky Combat is a beautifully crafted vertical shooter with stunning visuals including superb water and explosion effects. Fight your way through the game, facing over 30 different enemies and eight challenging bosses using three different craft: an AH-64 Apache helicopter, a speedy combat boat and an M1 Abrams Tank. Upgrade your missiles and bombs and use special power-ups – the result is frenetic, action packed gameplay!

Features:

Play, and then Play Again: The stages in Sky Combat are huge and there are eight challenging and powerful bosses to destroy. The addition of three difficulty levels makes for great replay value as you try to defeat the game on the hardest settings.

Unbelievable Graphics: Incredible particle effects and super detailed graphics ensure that this is one of the most impressive looking games in the App Store. Water effects that have never been seen in a 2D shooter before and explosions that will blow you away!

Strafe and Shoot: Use the intuitive and innovative control scheme to dodge incoming fire and lay some ordinance down on your enemies. Use Touch, Relative Touch, Tilt and Virtual joystick to maneuver around the screen in the vehicle of your choice.

Bombs Away! Fire a hail of bullets, homing missiles or drop devastating bombs on your enemies. Upgrade your weapons to cause maximum damage to your enemies, and collect special power-ups to devastate the enemy.

Energetic Soundtrack: The heavy score is fitting for Sky Combat and you’ll find yourself nodding along as you destroy countless tanks, helicopters and boats.

Crystal Leaderboards and Achievements: Players can earn achievements and compare scores with online leaderboards through Crystal!

Endless Mode: Check how long can you survive fighting waves of enemies in unlockable non-stop action Endless Mode.

2. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    PM sent.

Looks fun! 8D

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    PM sent.

Hope I get in.:)

4. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I tried to install it on my itouch but it says that it is invalid. Whats going on?

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    It is fuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!!

6. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Hey crex, I had the same issue, but I'm up and running now; just reply to your e-mail from Alien Worm and ask them to re-send you the provisioning file. Once you have it, delete both the .app and the provisioning file from iTunes, then install the .app file and the new provisioning file and everything should sync correctly to your device.

If you need any pointers on exactly how to do all that, just post back here or PM me.

7. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Thanks for your help but Alien Worm is currently looking into it and will send me another file. If that doesn't work out either, then I'll PM you. Thnx anyways.:)

8. Alien Worm

Apr 10, 2010
    Sorry for the problem. It looks like I have sent you wrong provision file.
    I have just e-mailed new provisions.

9. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Now it won't even download. Internet Explorer says that it has blocked the site from downloading files. UGGGHHHH!!!!!
    maybe 3rd times the charm.:(

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Hope so! This game is quite nice already and worth being a beta tester for.

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I know that we are not supposed to discuss the game while beta testing, but this is turning out to be one of the BEST shmups in Appstore. And I have them all.

12. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #12 crex, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
    Yes!

Finally got it on my iTouch!!! And let me tell you right now, it is AWESOME! VERY AWESOME!!!!! Feels like iBomber mixed with WAVE. Add the fact that its published by Chillingo and you've definitely got a HIT GAME. Can't compliment it enough. This will be without a doubt one of Chillingo's next BIG games. PHENOMENAL job Alien Worm!!!!!! Also, any details about price and release date?:) Also, DON'T CHANGE THE ICON. It is PERFECT!

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    So you ate testing WAVE like me eh? :cool:

14. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yes......eh.:cool:

15. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Looks like Deimos Rising. Sweet.

16. Pawprintgames_matt

Oct 28, 2010
    Cheshire
    looks cool that. Like the games I used to play a lot years ago.

17. Alien Worm

Apr 10, 2010
    I want to thank all beta testers who send us great feedback and helped make our game better. Thank you very much!!!!

Now we want to test if all changes and additions work OK.
    If you have some free time and want to test 'Sky Combat' send me PM.

18. Dx_0628

Dx_0628 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Creating ideas for future gaming.
    pm sent!

19. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    How's the project coming along?

20. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I played the last build. If you like these games, you are in for a treat ..... I played all in one session (the first time). Not because it is easy or short, but because I could not put it down and my hand was really in pain afterwards.

The fact you have three different units with very different control feel makes it really something special. But this is no bullet hell, it something slightly different :D

I leave the dev to clarify this if he wants to :D