Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I finally got into the game and beat the first episode, but I'm having a ton of frame rate problems on my 4s, especially during the really cinematic parts.. Not what I was expecting and it kinda has me on the edge with getting the next episode :\

2. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Just bought episode 3 finally,any parts I should expect lots of lag at?

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    All the action like the previous ones

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Completed Episode 3 and it was yet another excellent installment in The Walking Dead game. Can't wait for Ep 4 next month.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Is it next month?

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Well if you go back and look at the release dates of each episode, they seem to be releasing them monthly.

7. ZombiFlyBoy

ZombiFlyBoy Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I have Ep 4 on 360 and I will just say it get's crazy it's a very powerful episode. 2 was my favorite but 4 is a close second

8. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Cool, can't wait!:cool:

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You know, I have to respectfully disagree with the folk saying that episode 3 makes episode 2 look like a Disney cartoon and whatnot.

Yes, while the events of the third episode certainly impact the story in a way that the second couldn't even dream of doing and the events themselves are certainly jaw-droppingly shocking, the second episode had a much darker subject matter and there was always a feeling of impending doom...the build up was fantastic and the reveal and conclusion of the episode were equally as fantastic.

That being said, episode 3 was effing brilliant and I can't wait to see what happens in episode 4. If the trailer is anything to go by...wow. *must...resist...playing...episode 4...on...PC*

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Any games similar to Walking Dead

So I just finished Episode 3 and let's just say I'm now a fan of adventure/point-and-click games.

Are there any other similar games on IOS? Either with a really dark mature gritty adult story or a game with similar mechanics (free exploration, dialogue options and branching story lines)?

11. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Is this on Mac computers? Just got a Mac today.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Telltale has ported other adventure games, though not of this caliber, to the App Store.

13. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Finished episode 3,runs great on iPod 4-definitely better than episode 1&2 pretty smooth,can't wait to see performance on a 5th gen iPod

14. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I just picked this up on my iPhone 4s a few days ago after enjoying the PC version so very much. Obviously things are a bit different on the phone than on PC, but one thing I don't get.

Why does it take me like 20 swipes to move the screen two inches? In the opening sequence when I have to move the camera to view the shotgun/shell it takes like 10-15 swipes to move it over.

Is this normal?

15. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I don't recall swiping more than 20 times like you said (in ep1). I don't think that is normal. Perhaps I was using iPad 3, I don't know.

16. Shadowking2214

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    When I had my iPod 4 (I upgraded to 5) I didn't need to swipe a lot at all,actually I just moved me finger all the way to the right,the camera speeds up if you drag it further,or was it lag?

17. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    should I play this on my 4S, iPad 2 or wait to get it until I get the iPad 4?

(if the answer is wait til iPad 4, hopefully there is a sale on all the episodes around xmas time)

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Maybe if we're lucky they'll have the fourth episode out by then.

19. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    on iTunes in the 'top in-app purchases' section it says multipack episodes 2-5 for $14.99... so if I buy that I just download episode 4 & 5 when it comes out because it's been prepaid?

Also how many hours roughly are episodes 1-3?

Do you guys re-play previous episodes and make different decisions and if so, are there different saves or do u have to overwrite ?

20. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yes, if you buy the multipack, you just download the episodes when they become available.

Episodes last around 2-3 hours each.

There are 3 game slots, so can play three games making different decisions without affecting the saves for each slot.