How many iOS apps did you download altogether?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Habakuk, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Should I call the psychiatrist? :rolleyes:

Looks like there are 11266 apps in my history (since 2008). Most of them high quality (okay let's say: above average) paid apps (75% games) that I got for free on sales. But I paid enough money for apps as well (worth about two iOS devices)—mostly for music/navigation apps and games. And yes, I need all of them everyday. :D

Where do you find those numbers (in the screenshots below the icons)? Go on your Mac or PC to iTunes and scroll down to the end. There you have "Functions > Previous Purchases" (I don't know the exact phrase in English because I have a German-language OS and there it's "Funktionen > Gekaufte Artikel"). In the next page choose "Apps". My MacBook Pro Retina needed some minutes for displaying the number of iPhone apps (iTunes was blocked for that time).

Interesting: You can sort the apps by date and find out what was your very first app. In the iPad screenshot you have my newest apps and in the iPhone screenshot my oldest ones. What was your first/last app?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    1500 apps - started early 2012
    First app - Real Racing 2
    Most recent app - Riptide GP 2
    Worst app - Clash of Clans
    Best app - Real Racing 1/2

3. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I like you.

4. You are a nut cause you got more than me

But I did it in a year and a half.

5. Habakuk

Seems like we have some RR fans here. Okay. Racer fans should stand together. We are a minority here @ tA—dunno why.

Anyone got more than me? You may freely add iPhone and iPad apps. BTW I got seven iOS devices, two of them are sold.

Not bad. Something like an addiction? It looks like in eight, nine months you'll catch up with me.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I don't even want to think about it. Is there a place where I can see my grand total or do I actually have to count one by one?

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Dude I know. The hell is with that.

8. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    You can check it from iTunes via PC or Mac

9. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #9 one.sixty.four, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    I'm at 1600. most since November of last year when I got my iPod touch, but I have been on iOS since my ipad 1.

10. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I half expected you to say you had 164.

11. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #11 Coldar, Jul 28, 2013
    I remember Chimps Ahoy, was an earlier game for me as well and also the brick breaker game. One of my first was Bugdom 2 and Cro-Mag Rally and Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D. Oh yea and Nanosaur 2. Those were on my earliest (first?) invoice from iTunes. (well I did buy some songs prior to that)

And I'd rather not know how many games I've got listed nor the money spent. For something I've enjoyed tremendously I don't want to taint it with a high dollar figure amount. That's surprising because I've kept every e-mailed invoice since my first purchase. Just never tallied it up.

12. Habakuk

#12 Habakuk, Jul 28, 2013
    This, this, this and this. All of them are within my first 50 apps. Still playing Nanosaur 2 and Cro-Mag Rally sometimes. Good to know that I'm not the only iOS (previously called iPhone OS) veteran here. :eek:

If I knew how to automate that job I would dare to do that. But typing 800–1000 numbers into a calculator…? No thanks!

Still having all invoice emails as well. BTW (tip): Those emails are doing a great job whenever you want to know what you paid for an app months or years ago. It's easy like that: On a Mac just type the name of the app into Spotlight search. Chances are very good that the first email showing up is the invoice with the price you paid for that app.

Interesting would be how much I saved with the (free) sales of paid apps (compared to the price that they have now or that they had before the sale). But for that job I'd need to hire a numbers/database expert. Apple won't give out those sums/statistics I guess…

I bought my first song (well, twenty) via iTunes one year ago. Most of my music is self-made (with iOS music-making apps), from CDs or from records made with the iOS internet radio app FStream (the only one that can record the radio programs afair—was one of my first apps as well and still in regular use).

13. Habakuk

I tried to describe that in the OP. In iTunes you can find out the grand total for downloaded iPhone apps and (separately) iPad apps. I am not sure how Universal Apps are counted there. Twice? Anyway, those are the only totals we can get easily and without any effort.

In the OP's screenshots you can see that iTunes counts 6905 iPhone apps and 4361 iPad apps for me.

14. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm not sure how the counter works with iPad and iPhone, but:

iPad: 519
    iPhone: 1,146

I think I only have a few iPad-only apps, so the rest are universal... I'm guessing these counts do overlap, and in that case, you can count on me having roughly 1,200 apps total. That's a nice number :)

My first app was a damn night vision app called... Night Vision.

Thank God the next app I downloaded was Peggle! :D

And that's my story. My iOS story is a lot shorter than I thought it would be... I can't believe the numbers I'm seeing in this thread! D:

Oh yeah, and I've been on iOS since I got my iPhone 3GS at the beginning of July 2009 :(

15. Habakuk

In that case I'd have to correct my "iPhone + iPad" totals from 11266 to something around 8000. (And Connector has already beaten me.)

Yes it is. Far above average in any case.

I bought Peggle the very day when it was published and I'm still playing it sometimes. Good game. All our friends from Asia here will know what Pachinko is for sure (p.e. the only legal video arcade game in Japan afair). Peggle is based on Pachinko and was free for the first time two weeks ago.

And I can't believe the number I heard in 2011. Here in little Austria we have (had?) the highest iOS devices density in the world (because of rather cheap data plans). And now the number that I still can't believe: The average Austrian iPhone/iPad/iPod touch user has 12 (in words: twelve) apps installed (other than the preinstalled ones) on his/her device. Twelve! Not 8000.

Beat you: iPhone 3G :p (looks exactly the same). The photo I made of my white one. It's still alive and I am still using it outside my home country (unlocked with foreign prepaid SIM card). And it's very easy being outside of Austria (because the country is so small).

[​IMG]

16. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Wow, some ridiculous amounts, bet most of you only play a handful of apps from that crazy amount of games. Think I've downloaded about 100-130 since my first iPhone 4 in 2011 . But only properly played about 20 out of that total with time and effort.

17. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ha! No... Waaay more than that.

18. BulldogBaby86

BulldogBaby86 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Student
    California
    Throughout the history of my device? Hundreds. I probably have under 50 currently though. :)