Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-10-2014, 02:51 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobish View Post
On my iphone you click on the health bars , etc in the upper right hand corner. Haven't tried that on an iPad though.
Yeah, that does bring me in the menu, but once there, there's no option to return to main.

Not a big deal, as I can just save and exit the app, but still, seems strange that such a normal function is (seemingly) missing.

Played some more last night, it's definitely really fun. I wonder if there are any other RPGs of this type, that aren't heavy on grinding.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Just re-picked up the game after about a year or two, and geez I forgot how tough it can be.
I thought my ranger was pretty set but then these troll things started pummelling me lol.

Anything I should be doing in particular? Eg. Dungeons, places, items to get (besides the main quest)
Also, what secret quests are there? None of the ones I've done so far are incredibly secret.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I bought 9th Dawn after completing TWD. Although I didn't think it would be the kind of game that would interest me (a little to simple and retro for my tastes), it has proved to be the perfect tonic to the emotional grinder that TWD put me through.

It is a simple but charming game that is reminiscent of Ultima IV in terms of freedom and gameplay - without the party and pseudo-hippie theme. Ultima IV lite wouldn't be too far off.

I rolled a Knight and performed a few basic quests and started exploring the land. Many hours and days / weeks later when playing during my commute home, I was in the 40s and still hadn't died on the mainland. Wunderlust took me to the frozen north, where I met my first death. I then took a ship to the island in the SE where I met a couple more deaths because the difficulty level suddenly ramped up. Some of the creatures are seriously tough - more so when creatures gang up.

It is actually refreshing to be presented with a challenge, and have to carefully pull creatures away from groups to fight mano-a-mano or in pairs; or to have to carefully navigate around the terrain to avoid particularly tough creatures.

The charm of the game is the variety of loot to be found, as variety of different locations, and the musical score. There are glimpses of ambition here as well. One of the NPCs imparts more knowledge of the actual world, then a few glib words.

Whilst the controls work much better than I though they would, combat is quite a simple affair - at least when playing the Knight i.e. tank damage and deal damage. Not much tactical play besides timing when to eat to restore health. Again, there is ambition at work here because the creatures do have different attack patterns, damage, etc. But nothing too complex.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:46 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I love this game and played it non stop till I finished it. Cant wait for the sequel