★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
Today, 07:29 AM
I haven't been able to grab more than a tutorial mission at a time, sheesh real life go bug someone else

This seems ridiculous, though, 11 different weapon tutorials.... Still working through these. I want to understand what I'm doing as I don't think I'd have a clue if I didn't crawl through these tutorials...

I do like the controls, the slide to different attacks, movements, etc, is genius and I wish other game designers would emulate it.
Today, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brothamannp11911 View Post
I haven't been able to grab more than a tutorial mission at a time, sheesh real life go bug someone else

This seems ridiculous, though, 11 different weapon tutorials.... Still working through these. I want to understand what I'm doing as I don't think I'd have a clue if I didn't crawl through these tutorials...

I do like the controls, the slide to different attacks, movements, etc, is genius and I wish other game designers would emulate it.
Once real life decides to take a break bugging you and you get a chance to sit down and put a little more time into it the game becomes more awesome. Nothing like farming that last item to complete that full set of armor you've always wanted.

Today, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambobsung View Post
Once real life decides to take a break bugging you and you get a chance to sit down and put a little more time into it the game becomes more awesome. Nothing like farming that last item to complete that full set of armor you've always wanted.
And when you finally gotten that last piece you decide to play one more run to test out your armor. Then from that run you get one rare material, so you decide to do a few more runs just to get that next weapon. And when you finally get the weapon, you'll want to do just one run to test drive your new beatstick. And you love it. And so you decide to do just one more run coz you really like the new weapon. After that you realize you are a few more materials to upgrade your new weapon. And you play some more.

It's a vicious cycle, one that's common in MHFU once it starts its hold on you.
Today, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
And when you finally gotten that last piece you decide to play one more run to test out your armor. Then from that run you get one rare material, so you decide to do a few more runs just to get that next weapon. And when you finally get the weapon, you'll want to do just one run to test drive your new beatstick. And you love it. And so you decide to do just one more run coz you really like the new weapon. After that you realize you are a few more materials to upgrade your new weapon. And you play some more.

It's a vicious cycle, one that's common in MHFU once it starts its hold on you.
Yeah that cycle got a hold of me for 6 straight hours. Then there was online. Nothing like playing with a HR9 dude for 2 of those hours and doing all sorts of quests only communicating through gestures. That feeling of accomplishment too when soloing Shen Gaoren and defending the fort. The feeling of having 1 try left in your group and killing it on the last try. Time to go play more Monster Hunter.
Today, 12:49 PM
I don't think I'll ever get to HR9. Forever HR8

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
Today, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I don't think I'll ever get to HR9. Forever HR8
Yup. I'm at HR7 and don't know if I'll find the time to get to HR8 even. Well, the time AND 3 other people who can help me get there.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
Today, 05:07 PM
Nothing like playing online for 2 hours with the same people and speed running so many quests.
Today, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambobsung View Post
Nothing like playing online for 2 hours with the same people and speed running so many quests.
Love those moments!