RPG battle - Crimson Gem Saga vs. Eternal Legacy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SuperiRepSypha, Dec 22, 2010.

1. SuperiRepSypha

Dec 17, 2010
    ok so i want a really good rpg but i dont kno which route to take . 2d vs 3d .
    i had both but i deleted crimson gem cuz there both pretty hefty space wise , i love magic and mages , nd not alot of repetition can i maybe hear some reviews and pros and cons for both

2. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    There is a bit of grinding in Crimson Gem Saga, but it makes up for that with a really good story and graphics. And Eternal Legacy is made by Gameloft... :rolleyes: Between these two, I'd finish Crimson Gem Saga.

3. Tafthulhu

Tafthulhu Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Different Battle Systems, and Different Styles.

The battle systems are quite different. Crimson Gem Saga boasts a more traditional RPG turn-based battle system where the Eterenal Legacy system is more akin to a stream-lined Final Fantasy XIII (where it's drawing it's source material from) styled-system, where you select a queue of actions and then they're executed as a "timer" fills.

I personally have been playing Eternal Legacy a lot more since I'm pouring my time into the Secret of Mana port (which is an amazing RPG from Square Enix).

However, since you did mention you're a fan of mages and such, Crimson Gem Saga has a more traditional Fantasy setting, whereas the Eternal Legacy setting is more futuristic.

Hope this helps!

4. Bag of Awesome

Bag of Awesome Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Honestly it isn't even close...Crimson Gem Saga for sure.

Eternal Legacy is just terrible

5. SuperiRepSypha

Dec 17, 2010
    well looks like my decision is made. imma go with crisom gem. thanks guys opinions greatly appreciated!:)

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I bought it today as well, I'm really impressed so far. I love the attention to detail in the hand drawn environments and sprites, plus the story is pretty cool.

7. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Crimson Gem Saga - a big budget game with high quality voice acting, a decent storyline, with a more than your average battle system with extensive skill trees and consecutive turn combos. Environments are a real work of art, beautifully drawn backgrounds; you can tell they had a big budget for the artists. The game doesn't make you grind, but you will likely fight a ton of little monsters. But it's okay because the skill trees are so huge, and the rare drops are rewarding. The game's story is pretty long even if you take out the battles of the game.

Eternal Legacy - laughable, forgettable storyline / plot with 1 dimensional characters, shitty voice acting, and get this, the game has no ending. The environments look worst than a typical FPS game, everything looks like recycled polygons that any 3D modeler can do on a tiny budget, if any budget at all. There are no dungeons in the game, the maps are extremely linear and tiny in size and scope. Game can be completed within 4 hours, 2 hours if the enemies' HP aren't so crazily high for no good reason. Characters reach their damage caps under level 20 (quite early in the game).

It's not even a comparison.