iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    I don't know how to do it:eek:

Can you make a replay of you doing it so I can see what it looks like?

I also do not understand this counter hit stuff. When would that apply? Can you also do a replay of that:eek:

I really am a noob, which is why I only know how to use one character and it's taken me this long to get to where I am.

2. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
  3. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Also yeah Felix know any cool stuff for Deejay?

4. ivwshane

ivwshane Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2011
    I have yet to see a high BP DeeJay, I'd like to use him but I have no idea what he is capable of. he seems like a guile with less tools and counters (or safe counters at least).

5. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I dabble in DJ a bit. I agree that he is a bad guile, but he has benefits
    - Massive blockstun on air slasher. Means at half a screen away, air dasher, jump in is safe. You can mixup with sweep instead if they continue blocking high.
    -machine gun upper (MGU) comes out quick, safe on block (most of the time) and does good damage. If I'm feel like it, I do MGU xx Super. Mash those hits out! EX lets you combo any other EX move after and can combo into Ultra.
    -Easier to combo into Ultra. Ultra also goes through projectiles.
    -Air slasher has more recovery than sonic boom, but goes slower. Abuse it for the pressure!
    -Amazing anti-air special. MGU, Jackknife maximum catches alot of people.
    -Knee shot (forward jump, d+k) changes your jump angle slightly. Makes for ambiguous crossups or makes you go short when they expect a crossover

The most damaging followup after EX MGU (besides ultra) is EX Jackknife maximum.

6. rshkhsee

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Yeah he is similar, his recover rate is slower but fast enough to still follow his Slash into a jump attack combo. He has good walk speed...EX machinegun combos into other EXs for pretty good damage..or Ultra. I think its easier to do more damage with him than Guile in some basic 3 or 4 moves. jump punch - crouch medium- EX machinegun - EX air spin kicks = 414 damage and kind of easy to pull off. Check "The Matrixman" with little tm symbol after n. He has a very good DJ.

7. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    I played Dee Jay for a few weeks awhile back. I only posted one replay but Dee Jay can be disgusting, check out my replay vs some random Guile, not exactly S tier playing but it shows you how effective he can be even after a week or two of practice.

8. rshkhsee

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Oh i guess "air spin kicks" equals Jackknife Maximum....sounds much better :p

edit: yeah lets all talk some Deejay!

9. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    DJ has such good rushdown potential, but too many people fixate on air slasher, sobat kicks.

He has good variety of wakeup options too. EX MGU on wakeup is pretty fun

10. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    His jump kick is such a good cross up move as well.

11. DuysterTheBeast

DuysterTheBeast Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    Ggs TenOnez so that was 15-14 for u lol I had bunch of fun. Out of battery already when I want to play more. Man your Rog is so good my Sagat scare to do fancy stuffs lol, so does your Fei, just excellent spacing technique top notch man

12. slrc_91

slrc_91 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Student
    Cozumel, Mexico
    #25232 slrc_91, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    -You can combo an incomplete EX Jacknife Maximum into another (on corner).

-EX Machine Gun Upper has a lot of invincibility frames (if I remember well).

-His jump knee makes you land faster, and chance a little your trajectory.

-He's got some cool combo opportunities. A while ago I managed to pull off air punch -> crouching medium punch -> Machine Gun Upper -> Super.

-Empty jumps kills his Jacknife Maximum, but you can use the standing medium punch (and usually players believe that the punch is a knock down move).

-His standing kick is a good poke.

-The slide can hit on opponents in the air if they are landing after a jump.

13. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    #25233 DuysterTheBeast, Apr 18, 2012
    Guess we r even the score now(18-18) lol meaning more games yay. I have much fun playing with u man. Your characters are the ones I'm not familiar and playing. Now I will play more of Rog and Fei. Thanks for the inspiration.

14. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Good games! I really have to get the rust off of Fei and Cody. I've forgotten most of their matchups now.

15. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    #25235 DuysterTheBeast, Apr 18, 2012
    DJ is an underrated guile. Like everyone said above, my fav moves from DJ are flying knee (safe over head), fb then double kick ( idk the name lol), ex upper has no frame so that a plus, so does ex machine gun - follow a upper, supper, ultra or any ex to (edit: no jump punch) reset. Other than that u can turtle and spam kicks. He moves so quickly, good for grabbing or flying knee again. Also the anti air back P is great. Edit: also after an upper do another one right after to gain mobility and usually cross over oppents head.

16. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    Yup your Cody is kinda rusty. But kudos to u man. Fei, Cody, Rog are the ones I don't know how to mix up well, look what u to me with them lol. :D

17. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    How do I do fei longs challenge 8? I can't seem to connect the chicken Wong with the ultra any help is greatly appreciated :3

18. D4Gamers

D4Gamers Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    You need all 3 hits from the chicken wing in order for the ultra to connect.

19. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    Try in the corner. Or upper, chicken (2hits), ultra. Edit: like D4 says 3 hits instead of 2 lol he's pro Fei I m noob Fei lol

20. DuysterTheBeast

Apr 16, 2012
    CA, USA
    #25240 DuysterTheBeast, Apr 18, 2012