★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone Wolf3D Now Available - DOOM "Fairly Soon"

03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 278
iPhone Wolf3D Now Available - DOOM "Fairly Soon"

id Software has released Wolfenstein-3D for the iPhone, offering a mobile version of their original World War II first-person shooter. The 10 MB download is available on id Software's FTP server, and here are the release notes, which includes info about the history of this release. There are further details in this included document on iPhone development written by John Carmack with extensive details, concluding saying: "I'm going back to Rage for a while, but I do expect Classic Doom to come fairly soon for the iPhone." Frans, who dug up this scoop, was inspired to momentarily come out of retirement and post a mirror on Gamers.org.

Source: http://www.bluesnews.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
03-23-2009, 08:34 PM
#2
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,502
Upcoming games.. Guy.. you've been here since december, over 100 posts, wrong section.

03-23-2009, 08:37 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 230
Send a message via AIM to G0tsk1llz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyCanadian View Post
Upcoming games.. Guy.. you've been here since december, over 100 posts, wrong section.
well, the "Upcoming Games" section is pretty new

I like smiley faces
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,502
^^ Mhm, And he's not, he should know better.
03-23-2009, 08:39 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,823
he post it both here and in the upcoming games section.
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: JERICHO, KS
Posts: 689
well, to be fair, wolfenstein 3d is out already...(supposedly)

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades
03-23-2009, 08:49 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,099
link?

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 279
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandog View Post
id Software has released Wolfenstein-3D for the iPhone, offering a mobile version of their original World War II first-person shooter. The 10 MB download is available on id Software's FTP server, and here are the release notes, which includes info about the history of this release. There are further details in this included document on iPhone development written by John Carmack with extensive details, concluding saying: "I'm going back to Rage for a while, but I do expect Classic Doom to come fairly soon for the iPhone." Frans, who dug up this scoop, was inspired to momentarily come out of retirement and post a mirror on Gamers.org.

Source: http://www.bluesnews.com/
Not out. Searched Wolf-3D, Wolf3d, Wolfenstein-3D, Wolfenstien-3D, Wolfenstein3D, Wolfenstien3D. Nothing.

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
03-23-2009, 09:00 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,823
i downloaded it from the place he mentioned in his thread (ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/wol...e_v1.0_src.zip) but don't have any idea how to install it.
03-23-2009, 09:06 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forerunnerz View Post
Not out. Searched Wolf-3D, Wolf3d, Wolfenstein-3D, Wolfenstien-3D, Wolfenstein3D, Wolfenstien3D. Nothing.
Well not out on app store, but in the link... (ftp server link(