TA Developer in Accident: Best Wishes For Full Recovery!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by dclose, Apr 26, 2012.

1. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I just wanted to start a thread to let everyone who is interested express their wishes for a full recovery to your lead web/backend developer of the Touch Arcade App, who was in a serious accident about 10 days ago.

I [thread=119965]enquired about his condition in the Looking For Beta Testers[/thread] thread, but as you'd expect under these conditions, that thread appears to be getting ignored for the time being.

As I said there, is there any news on the condition of your programmer? Improving, I hope! Here's my wishes for a full recovery, especially after such a serious accident!

As much as anyone is looking forward to seeing the TA app released, human lives are so much more important than that! Others on TA, I'm sure, also wish to extend their best wishes and hopes for a fully recovery too.

2. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Indie Developer
    Brighton, UK
    Very sorry to hear that... I wish for a full recovery, hope that he get's well soon...

3. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Good luck with getting back on your feet!

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Thanks,

There have definitely been improvements, and we're still hopeful for a close-to-full, if not full, recovery. Unfortunately, the recovery process will be a long one.

In interest of his privacy, I don't want to get into the details. But thanks for your thoughts.

We do hope to get the app launched soon. I'm think it will happen really soon now.

arn

5. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    I hope he continues to get better! Best of wishes!

6. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Glad to hear there's some improvement and I hope he continues to get better! A long haul is a tough thing to go through, so I'll express my wishes for peace and healing and good support for him, and everyone going through this with him, long-term.

7. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    Same with me. Here is hoping for even more better improvement in the coming days.:)

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    hoping for full recovery and that he'll be able to return to work as soon as possible :(

9. stimutak

stimutak Member

Apr 27, 2009
    game dev, musician
    NYC
    Well, he has much to be proud of... The App is fantastic!!
    I hope he can take that and use it in the healing process.
    Best wishes, and best of luck,
    Oliver.

Aka: stimu.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Nice to read he's getting better. Even if it's a long recovery process, it's great to read everything is going towards the better. Good luck and regards from Spain.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Godspeed on that recovery, and hang in there!