ZENONIA 4 trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Spank-a-phone, Sep 9, 2011.

?

When do you think Zenonia 4 will be out in the US?

1. September

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. October

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  3. November

16 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. December

43 vote(s)
    58.9%
  1. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    release date?

support ipt 2g?

2. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Gamevil is seriously just milking Zenonia now for money... The best Zenonia was the first, I never even beat 2 and 3. Only thing that interests me about this one is that you get to play as Regret again. I hope they bring back the good/evil choices but honestly not getting my hopes up for this one, Zenonia is a pretty boring series now.

3. zilvia

zilvia Active Member

Jun 21, 2011
    #23 zilvia, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    Release date should be late December or early next year I believe.

I don't care about Zenonia 4 now but I'm staying tuned with Destinia! :)

4. HyuJun84

HyuJun84 Member

Jul 22, 2011
    If all you can play as is a male character again (3 in a row) then I'll pass on this game

Some classes work very well design wise with a male and some only really look right with a female character the lack of that in the past games didnt get me much more than 2hrs into any of the 3 games.

I love customize and having multiple characters but when there is only one character its an instant turnoff from the game.

5. zilvia

zilvia Active Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Agreed! "_"

6. TheEvilNoob

TheEvilNoob Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Noob assassinator
    My evil lair
    True (not about it being boring, but it is being milked), but if you want to talk about a game that is being milked to death look at angry birds. At least gamevil makes other games.

7. Spank-a-phone

Spank-a-phone Active Member

Sep 1, 2011
    To everyone who are worried about the resolution, the screen size mentioned in the image is set for android devices. iPhone resolution is, as you all know, 960-by-640-pixel. The game will be adjusted to fit iDevice screen. (If they could make it a universal version, I'd love to play it on my iPad;););))

8. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    This looks like a major jump from Zenonia 3. I hope it is.

9. Spank-a-phone

Spank-a-phone Active Member

Sep 1, 2011
    #29 Spank-a-phone, Sep 13, 2011
    Here's the official CF!:D:D

10. barbicoh

barbicoh Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    The first Zenonia was the strongest in the series. I barely finished the second and just got bored with the third installment.

And I agree Wild Frontier and the Zenonia 1 were one of the best. I hope this 4th iteration has more to offer.

11. htp24

htp24 Member

Jan 25, 2011
    What I'd like to see is better writing. I could barely play Z2 because of this, aside from the bugs, of which there are still many.

I liked Z3. The story was passable and the writing was bearable, and it was generally bug free (or if it had bugs, I didn't experience them). I wasn't a fan of shop or zen points, but as it turns out you don't really need to buy anything to finish the game. That being said, I played through the game twice using two different characters.

I don't like how the gamevil and shop buttons are so prominently displayed on the actual battle/overworld screen. If it's a purely f2p title, then it makes sense. Hopefully there's a pay version that gets rid of those buttons (+ extra zen points, etc.).

12. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    release date?

support touch 2g?

13. jonathan likes iphone

jonathan likes iphone Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    I loved Zenonia 2 and played it for endless hours. Zenonia 3 was such a major disappointment. It was way too familiar, a bit confusing and lacked any of the excitement. It felt so stale.

They really need to evolve the gameplay. As of now I'm passing on Z4. A shame it peaked with Z2.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #34 backtothis, Sep 13, 2011
    What? Zenonia 2 was horrible. It's no doubt the worst game of the series..

Are you saying Zenonia 2 wasn't familiar after playing Zenonia?

Edit: Meh, I might as well reinstall Z2 and give it another shot. It's the only one I never bothered finishing. Maybe it'll go better this time around.

15. jonathan likes iphone

jonathan likes iphone Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Zenonia 3 had slight improvements. To me Z1 was a rough draft, Z2 was a full fledged game and Z3 was Z2 with modest additions. It was far too similar; it felt bland and uninspired. Coming from Z2 it was too much of a repeat but if you didn't put much or any time into Z2 than it is a good standalone title for sure.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #36 backtothis, Sep 13, 2011
    Interesting. I actually developed my liking for KRPGs after playing Zenonia excessively back in early early 2009. I played the game through six times before the second game came out, which for me, was a huge disappointment in many ways after having waited so long for the game. But like I said, I'll give Z2 another go. In any case, there's quite a few good KRPGs around these days unlike in 2009. I hope Z4 brings us something new. Isn't Gamevil releasing 2 other KRPGs soon as well (Destinia and Advena)? Hope those turn out good as well. Destinia looks extremely similar to the Zenonia series though.

17. Menezesmaia

Menezesmaia Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
  18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The art/graphics look pretty insane.

19. arce

arce Well-Known Member