Any KRPGs with random level generation and no pay walls / crazy IAPs?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jorlen, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Calling on all KRPG experts.

Most descriptions of these games don't really do them justice do to translation issues, so there might be some games out there I'm missing out on.

What I seek is simple: A KRPG style game that has randomly generated / procedurally generated levels, and isn't overly terrible on IAPs. I don't mind paying a premium price either, so long as they won't stick IAPs in my face / ads, etc.

Any suggestions?

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #2 Vovin, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    AURUM BLADE is exactly what you are looking for.

Aurum Blade

Oddy Arts Inc.
    - - 1.0.7 update available now -- - Quick Slot Toggle Button Fixed for iPhone 5 - Game crash bug fixed when item packag…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    - - 1.0.7 update available now -- - Quick Slot Toggle Button Fixed for iPhone 5 - Game crash bug fixed when item packages are opened - Full Screen Support for iPhone 5! -- 1.0.5 update available now -- The essence of ancient Alchemy, the Philosopher's Stone, has been hidden in the Philosopher's Tower until now, and for good reason. But now Duke Marduk is heading to the tower to take the stone and use it. But for what? And why has he abducted Celty, the mysterious girl from Shining Dawn Village, who is somehow connected to it all? One thing is clear, terrible things are happening, and Duke Marduk must be stopped. Someone must be a hero in this world! Aurum Blade is a fast-paced action RPG with thrilling attack weapons and spells, and truly enjoyable control. Features: Challenge The Power Dungeon to get epic and legendary items There are plenty of great Epic, Set, and Legendary items waiting to be looted from the dungeons. Premium items and gems can even be found within! Daily Free Tickets to the Power Dungeon and Boar Dungeon You can enter the Power Dungeon everyday with a Daily Free Ticket. For further exploration, tickets can also be purchased from the Power Shop. Powerful Summoning Monsters allow for strategic game play Powerful Blade Monsters can be summoned after first proving yourself in the Blade Dungeons. A total of 6 Blade Monsters (Stone, Iron, Ice, Fire, Silver and Aurum) will fight alongside you in the battle field. Each has different skills and attack patterns. Blade Monsters grow in strength as you pass the Blade Dungeons. And a maximum of 5 monsters can be summoned at one time. Try different weapons! Wear different costumes! Find and enhance your own weapons! Each item has its own unique and powerful options that can be customized. You can enchant your weapons and armor, and insert crystals to add even more abilities. Dual weapons fighting can be mastered for deadly attacks. And the Alchemy system allows you to create and enhance special weapons and items. All of this and more is waiting to be discovered. Three characters to play! Three characters (Allen, Sigmund and Enoshu) are available to play. 3 save slots are also available, and it is possible to exchange items among the saved data slots via the Stash Inventory. Customer Support Email: [email protected]
    Information
    Seller:Oddy Arts Inc.
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Aug 30, 2011
    Updated:May 06, 2013
    Version:1.0.8
    Size:19.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (15)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Plus, it has some more additional features.

Moreover, it's not really a KRPG, but heavily recommended: QUADROPUS RAMPAGE

Quadropus Rampage

Butterscotch Shenanigans, Inc.
    "... it's challenging, it's funny, and most important of all, it's a lot of silly, goofy fun." - Gamezebo, 4.5/5 "... qu…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "... it's challenging, it's funny, and most important of all, it's a lot of silly, goofy fun." - Gamezebo, 4.5/5 "... quit reading and download it right now." - TouchArcade, 4.5/5 Quadropus Rampage is an Endless Roguelike that casts you, the player, as an enraged, 4 legged cephalopod. It is your quest to reach the bottom of the ocean and destroy Pete, the evil god of the sea, before his army of abyssal creatures can overtake the ocean. == FEATURES == • Perfect blend of roguelike and brawler - Hit enemies in their stupid faces! • Endless Gameplay - Procedurally generated weapons, levels, and enemies that keep the action fresh until you die from thumb exhaustion • Be a quadropus - Go on a rampage • Four game modes - Story mode, Insane Mode, Manic Mode, and Timed Sprint, with more unlocked once you beat the game • Pets - They'll accompany you in battle and save your hide! • Intuitive, fast-paced combat - Easy to learn, difficult to master. Dodge, block, stab, smash, and spin your way to victory! • Five epic boss fights - Pursue Pete into the depths and bludgeon his mouth off. Then do it again in the Petemare and Pete's Reckoning game modes! • Mastery system - 23 achievements with gameplay altering rewards • Artifacts - Unearth 39 treasures that let you shoot lasers out of your face or turn your pet starfish into an explosive boomerang • Extensive upgrade tracks - Invest orbs in your quadropus to make him stronger • Hilarious Characters - Break your ribs from intense chuckling From the creators of the critically acclaimed Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny. GET TO TENTACLE-SLAPPIN!
    Information
    Seller:Butterscotch Shenanigans, Inc.
    Release:Jun 14, 2013
    Updated:Dec 18, 2020
    Version:2.0.87-rc.1
    Size:69.6 MB
    User Rating: (61)

Last, not least: nothing random here but a MUST-play KRPG: WILD FRONTIER. Think Monster Hunter goes KRPG. Nice humour and story as an addition.

Wild Frontier

위대한 모험의 시작, 와일드프론티어!
    100만 유저가 선택한 밀리언셀러 대한민국 대표 RPG!
    신대륙 고대도시 아르모카에서 펼쳐지는 영웅들의 위대한 모험을 그린 정통액션 RPG!

[게임…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    위대한 모험의 시작, 와일드프론티어!
    100만 유저가 선택한 밀리언셀러 대한민국 대표 RPG!
    신대륙 고대도시 아르모카에서 펼쳐지는 영웅들의 위대한 모험을 그린 정통액션 RPG!

[게임특징]

* 사냥과 채집, 그리고 아이템 제작 시스템
    와일드프론티어에서는 사냥, 채집, 채광을 통해 모은 재료를 활용하여 레시피에 따라 무기, 갑옷, 방패, 투구 등을 직접 제작할 수 있습니다.

* 3개의 클래스
    강한 공격력을 자랑하는 워리어, 공수의 조화를 이루는 탱커, 두 개의 무기를 자유 자재로 다루는 스카우터 등 3개의 클래스를 선택하여 플레이 할 수 있습니다.

* 방대한 스토리 라인과 8개의 지역
    신대륙 고대도시 아르모카에서 펼쳐지는 와일드프론티어는 얼음, 사막, 초원, 화산, 해저도시 등 8개의 지역맵과 24개의 마을로 구성, 방대한 스토리라인을 자랑합니다.

* 날씨와 시간, 실사풍의 디자인!
    날씨와 시간에 따라 몬스터의 공격력이 변화하며, 이를 이용해 전략적인 플레이가 가능합니다. 또한 나무, 언덕 등 오브젝트의 실사풍의 느낌을 살렸습니다.

※ 원활한 게임 플레이를 위해 헬 모드를 지원하지 않습니다.

=========================================

The greatest adventure story, Wild frontier

Users say

“This game is awesome! The graphics, the music, the characters… I completely love it”

“It is a beautiful game with a strong battle system, quest system, and leveling system”

“The game has a nice setting and the story is very interesting. Characters are likable and the graphics are nice too.”

“I find this game to have brilliantly detailed graphics and environments that are FAR better than any other korean RPG on iOS.”

Story

The greatest adventure story into the unknown! This story is about the legendary hero who accidentally discovers the new world and saves the continent from ancient demons awakening from trapped in the seal. It’s dynamic storyline won’t make the adventure tedious and the exciting combats against powerful bosses will stimulate your desire to challenge.

FEATURES

The grand scale of story with various maps
    An exciting adventure story through an ancient city of the new world with 8 local maps (ice load, desert, grass land , volcano, submarine city, etc) and 24 towns

Hunting, gathering and item creation systems
    Gather resources by hunting, gathering and mining and create your own weapons and equipments following special recipes. There are lots of fun to make unigue items.

Dynamic skill effects
    All weapon has unique skill and makes different effects with spectacular visuals.

Weather & day-night system
    weather and day/night cycle change monster's power levels and combat conditions are changing every moment

Three classes
    Choose one of the three different classes – “Warrior” boasting a strong offense, “Tanker “ harmonizing of attacks and defense , “Scouter” handling two weapons skillfully.

※ This game is English version of "와일드프론티어(Wild frontier)" released in 11.2010

─────────────────────
    ALL YOU IMAGINE ALLSTARMOBILE

For more information on Wild frontier or ALLSTAR games
    Twitter http://twitter.com/allstar_global
    Official email [email protected]
    Information
    Seller:
    Release:Jan 30, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (22)

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Or get SOL Stone of Life instead. Also from Oddy Arts. Very similar to Aurum Blade, but has 360-degree movement. IAPs are not needed at all, and since it's free, it's a good idea to purchase an item pack a little later into the game to help the devs crank out more quality KRPGs.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

What's a KRPG?

5. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I've never EVER heard of a KRPG. What is this new word?

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Korean RPG. Just like JRPG means games in Japanese style.
    I don't play KRPGs normally, but from what I know they are heavy on grinding and leveling up your characters and items.

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #7 undeadcow, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    KRPGs are button mashy action oriented top down hack/slash style games usually characterized by anime influences, enemy swarms/respawns, and emphasizing items (so fetch quests). They're twisted descendents of Zelda - examples include Zenonia series, Inotia series, Master of Dungeon, CrimsonHeart, Exitium, etc.

KRPGs usually don't have randomized levels but I can second recommendations for AurumnBlade and Quadropus Rampage.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Ditto. This is my one of my favorite iOS KRPG.

Another Master of Dungeon. Get the plus version of MOD and you'll be set. Great game.

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Does Aurum blade or Stone of life have randomly generated dungeons? As usual I can't tell from the engrish descriptions.

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #10 undeadcow, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    AurumBlade has randomized "Power Dungeon" area where you can access once daily for free (or get more tickets from IAP) that is randomized - meant as a challenge grind for higher level loot. [This sounds like silly over the top freemium but it's actually fun with cool perks]

11. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I have Quadropus Rampage, it's great.

However, my quest to find a KRPG game with randomized dungeons is still ongoing. I understand that Aurumn Blade has optional random dungeons but I'm looking for a game built around the fact that they're all randomly generated.

For those who've played it, do you know if Master of Dungeon fits the bill?

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    KRPGs usually don't have randomized worlds; I suspect this is in part due to an emphasis on items and fetch quests. Some action oriented roguelikes with continuous combat and randomized worlds to consider are The Dungeon, bit Dungeon, or Cardinal Quest. I haven't played Hero Siege yet but that might appeal to you seeming action oriented and randomized. Also some dual stick shooters with RPG elements like Bug Heroes, etc might appeal to you.

13. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Thanks UndeadCow. I already own the games you listed and they are great, but I guess what I'm seeking is a game with more permanence, i.e. no rogue-like permadeath, but with emphasis on randomized levels, a good loot system (a la diablo) and some grinding.

The closest I've come so far is Pocket RPG, which I really enjoy. However, after each "quest" your character is cleared of all inventory. Obviously, for Pocket RPG this works well as it was designed with this mechanic in mind, but it's not precisely what I'm looking for.

My guess is that this game simply does not exist on this platform, which is fine. Perhaps one day it will.

14. MinusZero

MinusZero Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2014
    I don't recall if the dungeons in Master of Dungeons are randomized. There are a lot of them though and the IAP seemed to not be neccissary. It was also one of the better KRPG's I'd played in a while when it first came out. I think there's a free and paid version if you wanted to check it out too. I assume free has adverts. The pro/gold, whatever, starts you with a bunch of in game currency and some other random stuff.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    +1. I mentioned this earlier but I also think I may like MoD even better than Stone of Life, although I think both are amongst the best on iOS. Aurum Blade was prior to these, but I kind of thought these were a notch better in having at least a bit more story to them.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #16 awp69, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    Just stopped back in here because this thread made me decide to redownload Master of Dungeon and I wanted to warn the OP and others to NOT buy the "Plus" version. Seems the currency they give you as a bonus is meant to be used in the Premium Shop and it's completely broken. Can't sign into it, can't create a new account, etc. You just get stuck at an empty message box with cancel or OK and that's it.

I wonder if Playbean no longer runs the server or whatever is used for it. If you get the game, stick with the free version. Kind of sucks.

17. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    THanks for the warning, although I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

I'm not really able to get into most games that have IAP (call it OCD) so that pretty much invalidates all KRPGs lol.

18. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    I've also been looking into some of the suggestions here. Will be downloading a few later. Thanks!