Currently Playing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tim Slim, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Tim Slim

Tim Slim Member

Feb 5, 2012
    A thread to share thoughts on the iOS games you are currently playing. It could be a new release, an old gem that has just been discovered, or something that you have been playing for months and simply can't put down.

For me, it's Machinarium on the IPad2. This game has quickly become one of my favourite games of all time (and I've been playing games since Chucky Egg on the Acorn Electron) It's a wonderful piece of artwork with Professor Layton/Puzzle Agent esque puzzles. I look at it as a kind of rubiks cube picture book.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who has it on their radar, or to any with a passing interest in graphic adventures. It's wonderful.

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Continuous play on Revolt since release. Lately been Reckless Racing 2 but this sparked my interest back to Real Racing 2 and playing that now as well. Got a few adventure/hog games on the side like finally playing Paranormal Agency. Trying a few pinball lites/freebies too and bedtime word games like Jumbline 2.

Oh yea, Backstab falls into place somewhere in the mist of those, a really good game.
    And of course a few:)rolleyes:) others among mentioned. Notice my sig.

3. dfets

dfets Active Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Sorcerer
    Jakarta - Indonesia
    I've been asking around for best tilt game in the other thread, and many people recommended Tilt to Live, I've been playing it for sometimes now, it is a great game. It's an addictive mini game, loved it.

4. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Bag it!
    Went back 3 starring and collecting medals
    Tiny bang story
    Completed , similar too machinarium, but easier, machinarium was too hard for me being a point and click virgin, but I think I could tackle it now that tiny bang helped me understand the mechanics
    Toast the chicken
    Recently free, picked it up and I'm enjoying it very much
    Greedy spiders
    Another free one, I lovevwhen games go free as I never would have bought certain games, but if a games free and looks semi decent, I'll give it a go and sometimes get so pleasantly surprised that I enjoy it better then a game I paid premium price for
    World of goo
    Went back to complete levels in OCD - quite a challenge!
    Dragonvale, been playing for months

Going to give machinarium a go next

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm still playing SCB, matter of fact, that's ALL ive been playing lately. But now that LOE2's coming out, so...

6. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Charadium II\Prose with Brose, The Lost City, Stamp Art Fever, Mission Europa, Raid Leader and Mad Chef\Order up!.

Seems to be my current rotation.

7. Tim Slim

Tim Slim Member

Feb 5, 2012
    I played through World of Goo on the Wii, all those years ago, and loved every minute of it. I think I will end up buying it again, just so I can play it on the IPad.

And yeah, give Machinarium a go, it can be tough at times...but the solution is always under your nose.

8. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Rebuild (Universal).

One of the most addictive games I ever played on iOS.

9. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Do we need another one of these threads? I am sure there are another 5 or so splattered around somewhere.

10. MokingBird

MokingBird New Member

Feb 14, 2012
    I’m currently playing Grand Theft Auto 3 in my ipad, I love the GTA games and play them very often.

11. Itchyant

Itchyant Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Blot and piyo blocks 2 mostly. But also trying to get through league of evil, cut the rope and helsings fire. Those three have been on my device for a long time, and really need to be completed!

12. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    @triggywiggy:
    i know what you mean, however i think if this thread can be kept current, it can be a sort of 'ticker', where we can get a feel for what people are enjoying at the time. I know that we've also got threads like the 'mass what should i get' one, but this is maybe a little bit more like a stream of consciousness from the forums, as it's not based on requests for recommendations.

For my part, i'd like to see it run, so i'll put in my currents:

Ghost Trick- brilliant characterisation, and interesting puzzles.
    SFIV:Volt- it's always there for me to have a quick blast on.
    Darius Burst- superb quality port of the PSP original, but with some nice iOS- specific additions.

13. Timbal

Timbal New Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Web Developer
    Sofia,Bulgaria
    Real Racing 2, Smash Cops, Jetpack Joyride, iStunt 2 and Zombie Highway :cool:

14. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    I'm currently playing Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. I'm not 100% sure if "play" is the right verb here. Sometimes I feel it's more like a grafic novel because you're reading all the time. Don't get me wrong I really love this Game/App and it's one of the first adventures I am really enjoying and playing through the end. Highly recommended from my point of view.

15. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I'm addicted to "Bullet Time HD", "Deadlock:Online", "Gun Bros.","Jetpack Joyride" and "Anomaly Warzone Earth". :D

Deathcall, Shadowgun and Shogun get a lot of play too.

16. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    probably not playing it the most in terms of time spent playing, but i do do the daily 1000 heroz run. every day, i run and run it until i get the gold medal and sometimes even after i get it - to improve my record

17. nicolasgb

nicolasgb Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Co-founder at HereWeGames : http://www.facebook.co
    Paris, France
    Machinarium is awesome! I beated it on steam 2 years ago. Didn't know it came out on iPad.

Played a lot of Squids lately, also Hero Academy, Words with Friends and of course the fantastic NOM

18. louisa9

louisa9 Active Member

Feb 15, 2012
    I love ios games

There are both addictive mini games.

19. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Shake Spears
    Triple Town

Picked up both on a whim. Now I can't put them down.

20. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Bike Baron - 2 stars remaining.
    Woooords - my bathroom game :)
    and Terra Noctis