HELP-Where to begin???

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JamesDean69, Dec 16, 2010.

1. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Wow what a few weeks for iOS gaming. I have so many games that I have bought and want to buy that I don't even know where to begin. There are too many good games to play and enjoy them all. Add in all the amazing games for the consoles as well and this holiday season I'm hoping I get snowed in for months. So many RPGs with Aralon, and Dungeon Hunter. The other great Gameloft games like Shadow Guardian, Eternal Legacy, etc. I seriously don't know where to begin. While I'm certaintly not complaining I feel like I'm overdosing on amazing games.

Second I wanted to say that Aralon looks really amazing and a big improvement over Ravensword who I believe were the same development team if I'm not mistaken. While at the time that title was good it was somewhat disappointing. Game on.

2. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    #2 kiranb28, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    Start at Envirobear, my friend... ;)

On a more serious note, Infinity Blade is a great place to begin. Follow it up with Shadow Guardian or some Nova 2 for online action.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Certainly has been a lot in just the last week or so I've picked up enough to last me a long time I think the new titles I've bought in just the last week.

Infinity Blade
    Eternal Legacy
    Real Racing 2
    Nova 2
    Aralon
    Dungeon Hunter 2
    Football Manager 2011

Plus I'd already massed a lot of stuff in the sales just beforehand I've probably got enough to last me literally years and deciding what to play is much trickier than before.

4. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    #4 gospel9, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    I would stay far away from Eternal Legacy. I have been using this game to make myself fall asleep (because it is so incredibly boring + annoying) in the night, and it actually works! Playing other games usually makes me wake up instead.

The story does not get better, it's worst than final fantasy titles written 15+ years ago. Zero character development. There are next to zero events, 90% of the game is a battle. Gameplay is also extremely dull and repetitive. Never mind about the voice acting, the horrendous game script can make even the best voice actors sound retarded.

Yeah I do feel the need to bash this game now because I think you could have been misled / fooled by the initial impressions. If you haven't already, pick up Chaos Rings and or Crimson Gem Saga instead.

5. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    @kiranb28, @teknikal, @gospel9

Thanks for the recommendations. I appreciate and value your opinions.