Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Probably driving style. And skill. The carrera rocks out for drifting and accelerationand is overall the best car in the game for progression. The gallardo looks cool though.

2. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    70% gold won using carrera as it more friendly to my driving style.

Yeah it depend on ur driving skill.

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Yes. But that is a plunge I took knowing the A5X was going to be a bottleneck down the road due to it's insane resolution.
    But I've been enjoying the Retina screen versus my iPad 2 a lot in general, so it was worth the purchase. Plus enjoyed many Retina titles that do look and run good so far.
    You are right though, and I really fear for Real Racing 3 and what I might be missing out on when it comes out on my current gen iPad.
    It's very likely that I'll upgrade to the iPad 4 next year. That's the nice thing about owning Apple hardware: it holds it's value quite well!
    Big racer fan myself here btw, and recently I got the fever again and playing this genre a lot.
    I also share your feelings regarding Asphalt 7 as I am enjoying Need for Speed Most Wanted even more despite it's lesser offerings.
    The Ridge Racer drift like action and graphics make more then up for that! <3

Overal it runs quite smooth, yes. But I must admit that at times it has frame drops (don't update apps in the background lol) and stretches the iPad 3 to it's limits. They weren't kidding about that.
    Hopefully they also fix the random stuttering when you unlock a new car and see the camera pan around it. Same goes when looking at one in the garage.
    Cannot wait to hear from iPad 4 owners if it's full blown Retina versus the current pixel doubling and only the hud in Retina on iPad 3.

Well, in my opinion that is a bad example. THis is exactly what you have in Most Wanted plus a it's lot more expensive, not to mention you need to pay up all over again when restarting a race... nasty.
    No, what personally annoys me is the constant in your face nonsense to post everything to Facebook for extra stars and what not. That's an example worth noting.
    Compared to Most Wanted, Asphalt 7 is a bit like Santa as it simply throws hurdles of money in your face. But, that's how I experience it.

4. SatriaNeoCPS

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope next update they include "dark car" to be challenge after we cleared specific goals.

Extra hidden boss?
    Maybe race 1 on 1 vs sgt cross corvette?
    New liveries for cars?
    Come on put some suprise attack on us please most wanted^,~

Its just awesome if firemonkey could do it.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    4.5 Stars in my book. No Gamecenter leaderboards or achievements. Bummer.

6. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    For this challenge, I used acceleration and top speed boost. However, I found an even better combo - top speed plus cleaner nitro burn!

PS: I took A LOT of time to get the gold here!

7. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Never mind Eli, he's been out of touch lately. Most of us here know that much.

8. SatriaNeoCPS

Oct 31, 2012
    Is it u origin id minolta?

9. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Got the Carrera last nite. Good recommendation. I picked up the Countach as I was around when the famous Alpine poster was the rage and I lusted after this car - red :). But the Carrera is the better use of (scarcer) funds in this game.

And I am not fond of upgrades being single use. And by single use, I mean single. For the price you get ONE run with the upgrade. I haven't tried restarting mid race to see if the mod is kept. I know it isn't kept if you get to the end of the event and tap restart.

Having great fun with this game though. Been at it, when time permits, since launch. It's on my phone and iPad. I think I'm 3/4 done with the events with a few golds.

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I'm also using the iPad 3 and have no regrets. Given that the mini, just out today, is speced as an iPad 2, I suspect our lowly iPad 3s have legs and won't be obsolete anytime soon. May not have all graphical effects turned on, but new games for at least the next 18 months (my WAG) should run just fine.

11. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Well, in that case the ipad 2 would have had 3 years of full support for new games. Which is really amazing in this fast mobile computing space. I have said it before the ipad 2 may just be the best investment in my life.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The mods are kept if you restart mid race.
    Which is generally what I do when I know I'm not gonna get the result I'm looking for because a cop boots me into a wall or jackknifes a truck in front of me (which is hilarious to see).
    I know they stay because if you add the racing tyres for cornering on certain cars (viper for example), it makes a very noticeable difference and I can still feel that difference on a restart. Also notice it in top speed mod.

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for the tip.

14. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I think if you're going to even get 2nd or 3rd (which shouldn't really be a problem really in any event), you might as well complete. I used to restart mid-way or right at the end, but then if you complete you get say maybe $30,000 for bronze, and mods cost $12,000. So if you complete and restart with new mods, you still make $18,000.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #455 Rip73, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    Ah, yeah, you're exactly right on that point, might as well finish for the cash.
    I've only really restarted when I'm chasing the top of the speed wall or can't make it back into the the top three or going for more sp.
    Which can happen when you've two cop corvettes trying to slice you in two and another cop jeep ahead of you side swiping poor civilians in order to block the road (their lack of consideration for the safety of other road users is always funny).

Edit. Just in relation to the cash thing, I'm finding it very easy to actually buy the top cars.
    I've only the Bugatti and Koenig left to get of the exotics and chasing down the skill points to unlock them has given me more than enough cash to buy them when I get the required skill points. So no iap needed at all, just got to get the skill points by playing and buy right at the beginning. Its added to the longevity of the game for me anyway.
    So far I'm loving the look and sound of the Pagani despite the jittery handling (that might be my own bad skills at 200mph plus though).

16. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Protip: Play with kmh instead of mph. Greater sense of speed (bigger numbers!). :)

17. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Would you reccomend certain cars? I don't want to spend money on cars that I don't need.

18. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Look a few posts back. Someone who finished the game listed the cars that he bought and finished the game without any IAP. I am making good progress but agree you need to be frugal with buying cars if you don't want to use IAP.

19. Arq24

Arq24 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    on ipad 4 and framerate is s..t. hardly 30 fps.veeery good racer but with framerate like this whats the point when precision is a key?

20. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    That's wierd because I am on an iPad 2 and the game runs perfect. It seems like each new iPad is progressively getting worse.