M3CH - (by Small Impact Game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Last few hour bids are common, but this is not a big-name title.

2. CameronSmall

CameronSmall Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Hey guys and girls!!

Wow guys it's been really great having this thread around can't thank you guys enough, seriously.

Unfortunately we have not made our funding but we are looking at the brighter side of things, almost zero iOS exclusive titles have made as much funding as we've reached on kickstarter and the positive feedback from people has been immense, so I'm glad to say officially, you heard it hear first, that we are making sure M3CH is being finished for you to enjoy, but because of the lack of funding the release will be later than expected, more likely early to mid summer!

Watch this space we will keep this thread alive with updates.

So here's some answers for your much needed questions.

Truncana - Hey there, thanks for the interest. Hmm cockpit, we've talked about this a lot so here's our thinking on it. Basically because of the cover based nature of our combat it felt it took away a lot from being able to analyse your surroundings effectively (smaller screen size), honestly it makes the game a lot harder to play so we stayed away from it but we are seriously considering having the option for scoped railguns (Snipers) on bigger levels. Hope that helps.

CATCLAW - Great questions, so weapons and mechs you buy are always available once purchased even after you buy something new, the buy button grays out and you can equip them from the store for free at any time :) Gotta collect them all lol, there is no selling of purchased equipment at this present time.

The cost for repair is included in the entry fee of each mission, if you fail, you will pay the fee and earn no credits/winnings for the current mission (basically the repairs are handled automatically.) This keeps the game very tense in an almost gambling sense.

The AI is something we are very proud of, it's very high in terms of intelligence, I like to think we've done a great job of making them feel like fighting a player. Using cover, suppressing, flanking. Fighting them is a serious challenge in the bigger payout missions, it really is not for the faint of heart :p

Interesting fact, the AI code is based on the harder enemies in killzone 2 and gears of war. Using naviagation meshes and cover nodes to work there way to killing you.

Thanks for the interest once again people, any more questions I'll be happy to help.

Here's a badass shotgun for your viewing pleasure

[​IMG]

3. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    ^This.^ + Your "Currently playing" list?

"Watch this space," you say? Oh yeah, I'll be watching alright...;):D

DBC

4. Truncana

Truncana Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Hei Cameron! Good to hear of the decision of continue the development of this fantastic game!!! About my request, I agree whit you about everything, but I suggest in anyway to leave to the player the choice to switch from most open third person view to narrower, but more realistic first person view. I think it would be a plus and not a minus to the game. I am talking of a view whitout cockpit or things like rims and hatches, but a simple first person view whit only the HUD. Please reconsider this...

Truncana

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm... I'm waiting on a couple cool releases this week, but theyre never close to M3ch in terms of how i look forward to them.

Any more info/previews on the game?

6. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    So is this like Hawkens for iOS? Always wanted something this for iOS until I can get my new computer.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Any news on this one?

We really need a badass Mech game on the iOS.

Come to think of it i had so much fun in the Mech sequences in NOVA 3.

8. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Oh yes... Those were were awesome.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    2 months without news. I am hungry for some mech-steamrolling

10. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Hopefully some news. almost a year has past, would really like to see this game come to fruition.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woah. Just saw this for the first time. Hope the Devs are alright

12. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    #72 RoboWarrior, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    New E3 trailer of this game came out TouchGamePlay has the tailer. Seems less "populated" but could just be beta software. Don't remember hearing this game was made on unreal engine 3 though. Looks like the game is released by Chillingo which was probably how they received the rest of the funding (not necessarily a bad thing).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyoF0W6z3bU

13. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    Any release date on this?

Shit I would be down to play even a Beta, the E3 trailer the game looked pretty functional is is. Wish there was more news...

14. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Another Q, will this be MMO only? Or will it have Single player too?

15. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HAAA. It is days like this one that reminds me why i should let go of mobile gaming and ios gaming in particular and completely turn to other more serious platforms. And most certainly NOT to get excited about upcoming titles.

Guess a few times where this game has landed. Come on take a guess it will be fun!

No come on, guess! A hint: worst possible answer ever!

EA!

Game was in the hands of chillingo which got purchased by... Well... The devils of mobile gaming.

True it is old news chillingo got purchased by EA so maybe you already knew this, but this thread didnt say anything of it and i just found out.

Aaaaah i still remember it like it was yesterday, when m3ch got announced by its devs and hope and spirit was in the air... "Premium or fair free-to-play"... "multiplayer"... "Future content updates"... "Multiplayer"... "MULTIPLAYER"!

Never get excited about anything when it comes to this platform if u ask me... NEVER. ios gaming never was and never will be *that* kind of gaming platform, despite its hardware potentials.

16. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    But to cheer u up a bit, ive discovered "walking war robots". Its a multiplayer freetoplay mech game. So far it is far from as ambitious as m3ch is (was?) and there are a few bugs. Controls need to improve too. But the freemium aspect is, while slightly annoying, still quite bearable.