Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. Pfadfinder

Pfadfinder Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    I was not aware of your rivality.

I mistook the flag of Luxembourg with the flag of the Netherlands. I mistakenly thought that you are a Dutchman. Therefore the jibe to soccer is less amusing taking into consideration that cy@n is German.

2. feetza

feetza Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    haha yeah, i'm also used to luxembourg losing 95% of their football games. :D

3. jennybu

jennybu Member

Sep 9, 2012
    level 86 under ragged platform

There was some interesting discussion lately about level 86.
    It is no secret anymore that the title is misleading. The shortest way has to be somewhere through the mirrors similar to level 32 (my favorite one) or 38.

There are 3 junctions which can be used for transit through the mirrors
    • between platform and lower mirror
    • between mirrors
    • between uper mirror and rock

I rule out that the lowest junction is the key.

I have 3 questions to the wise gals and guys:
    Are there other spots where the mirrors can be transited?
    Is a junction or another spot the key?
    Is the middle junction or the upper junction the key?

My best is 558 through middle junction. Arrows: 11, 12, 12, 1

Any help is appreciated.

4. feetza

feetza Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    hello jenny :)

the best known on 86 is 588 by going through the upper mirror and the rock.

use the arrows in this order: 12 , 11 , 12 , 1 :)

5. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    Cy@n posted some screenshots for level 86

6. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    The Netherlands certainly beats Germany in CP! With three Dutchies in top 10, in fact, we are the world champions! :)

7. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    [​IMG]

8. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    #11088 Pfadfinder, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    Some remarks on buttons

Buttons, their function and malfunction are well known to the community.

Nonetheless I would like to pay some attention to these tiles.

Statistical words and figures

Until now Donut Games used 27 buttons in 18 levels. Consequently 18 % of all levels comprise buttons. Buttons are placed at ground at ceiling and on walls to the left and right. Buttons are not only oriented on 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree. Some are inclined differently.

In all levels which comprise buttons you will find another tile namely at least one trap door. Therefore buttons and trap doors come as a package.

A statistical overview you will find here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhDntjCornedEJjTUp3c0xiWUxPMUdsY0UyWHgwY1E
    Function

Use butons in order to open trap doors. Every trap door is linked to exactly one button. Some buttons are not linked to a trap door - you may call such button dummy button.

Malfunction

a. In some levels you may pass trap doors without opening them prior to that. We call that malfunction trap door break through glitch.
    In some levels this technique is required to reach known top score.

b. In some levels you may open a trap door, relaunch and let the trap door remain open. In most levels comprising buttons you have to use this technique in order to reach the known top score. You may call that glitch trap door relaunch glitch.

In few levels you have to combine a. and b. in order to reach the known top score. You may guess how many trap doors such levels have.

There are some (or only one) levels with buttons where both a and b are not needed to reach the known top score.

New finding

Mike speculated here
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1793647&postcount=9321 that "Donut Games tried to fix the trapdoor glitch starting with level 78, but didn't quite succeed. The only thing they did was make it harder to do."

It is true that the trap door glitch (b) in level 78 may only be used under aggravated circumstances. The number of tries you need in average is considerably higher in level 78 compared to all prior levels. However, in all levels after level 78 it is easy again to use the trap door glitch. In other words it is only difficult to use the trap door glitch in level 78.

You may ask what is the reason for that abnormal behavior of level 78. The answer I would like to suggest is the following. I doubt that Donut Games wanted to fix the glitch. They just used a new type of button in that level. On closer look you will notice that the button in level 78 looks different from all other buttons in other levels.

The base of the button type 1 is black and some pixel thick. You will notice an elastic sping in the base. The base of the button type 2 introduced in level 78 is green, less thick and you do not see a spring in it. The clearance of the button in type 2 is smaller as in type 1. I assume therefore that the smaller clearance of type 2 gives you less time to find the right moment to relaunch.

Well, that finding may be new. Maybe it is not even that. Maybe I am completely wrong. But what is most disappointing is that this finding does not lead to any new point.:eek:

However, I hope that the reading of the above was entertaining at least. :)

9. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #11089 Cowboy.Henk, Nov 4, 2012
    Lol. Probably some Gouda cheese in that bowl...

10. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #11090 Cowboy.Henk, Nov 4, 2012
    Nice analysis pfad. Interesting read. Especially the odd button in 78 is quite cool actually.

Concerning your excel with the use of trapdoor glitches. Lvl 4 high requires the glitch. Lvl 50 high doesn't, you just jam through the door. Level 81 doesn't either.

Lvl 81 emphasizes an interesting phenomenon with regard to glitch doors. While most objects in cp behave consistently, Trapdoors swing randomly, it seems...

Also the fact that the ball bounces differently on a button after a relaunch, is quite interesting. It seems that the button keeps vibrating after the relaunch.

Also interesting is the trapdoor in lvl 60. It may fall either left of right. In fact if you tilt your phone sideways you may influence in which direction it falls. This is the only occurrence I know where earth gravity seems to influence the cp universe.

11. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Why does this thread have so many posts? This game doesn't seem very amazing.

12. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    Numerous people grasped the dudeness of this game.
    The thought is not easy accessable to those who prefer egoshooter games

13. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Try to beat the highscore on level 3 (534 points) or level 6 (675 points) without this thread (and these are easier ones ...).
    Good luck :D

14. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    World champions in "Trading Screenshots", maybe :cool:

15. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Wow, i never noticed that before ...

LOL

Your postings are very entertaining and interesting! Cool stuff!!!!

16. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    Maybe. Whatever it was what the cat motvated.

She was wrong. The picture shows the psychic cat who wrongly prophesied that Spain will lose the finale against the Netherlands.

17. Catweazle

Catweazle Member

Oct 20, 2012

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just read your post, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.

18. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    Thank you CH! You provided
    tons of information I have to follow up.

I will update excel asap.

19. Pfadfinder

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    thank you all for feedback, confimations, corrections and new thoughts.

i will update the button memo also asap. especially jenny pointed out that i made terrible mistakes. sorry for sloppy research. furthermore i would like to thank especially wiz for kind remarks.
    i am overwhelmed and baffled.

20. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Ouch, are you perhaps in search of some more rivalry, dear cy@n???