★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any games you prefer on Android over iOS?

07-30-2015, 06:20 AM
Any games you prefer on Android over iOS?

I often have a choice between iOS on my IpT5, and And on my Samsung Galaxy s4. If things are even, I usually go with tie breakers, such as...
-If there are games where I know the wider screen will be more useful, I'll get the Android version. Recent example includes the digital board game Galaxy Trucker.
-some games are cheaper or free on Android (e.g. many of the Angry Birds were free, but ad-supported. Not an option available then on iOS)
-some have more content (e.g. Bloxxor for some reason had 10 extra levels)

In the past, I went with iOS since my IpT5 was relegated to a gaming device, with my gs4 being the workhorse (internet, camera, GPS, phone, etc. The IpT5 doesn't have cellular which isn't quite a fair comparison in some sense, but by preference, that's what worked for me).

I was hoping the new IpT6 would have a large screen, but still the same, dinky 4". I'm probably going to be leaning towards Android now, as 1) I'm a bit miffed that Apple went with that choice, 2) my IpT5 battery will thank me, and 3) it comes back to the larger screen, if the game works better given that.
07-30-2015, 06:24 AM
I dont like swapping lots between devices, prefer everything on one device.

For me i have everything on iOS i want apart from....

Emulators (got most of them but not all)
Jedi Knight games - Wish these would be ported over
Quake II - Badly miss this game, can play it on Android

07-31-2015, 03:15 AM
I have an nVidia Shield portable running on Android - I definitely prefer games on here that make good use of the controller. Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 5 etc. Not only that but they are a much better experience hooked up to the TV than my iOS devices. That's not really the comparison you were after but I thought I'd mention it anyway
09-26-2015, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I dont like swapping lots between devices, prefer everything on one device.

For me i have everything on iOS i want apart from....

Emulators (got most of them but not all)
Jedi Knight games - Wish these would be ported over
Quake II - Badly miss this game, can play it on Android
Same here. I just want to focus on one type of mobile device. My android game. I don't there's much difference anyway between the two when comparing a game applicable for both.
11-24-2016, 09:57 AM
Secret Agent Elite Mission best Android shooting game

i think this will be the best choice

Secret agent elite mission
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.elitemission

12-14-2016, 02:35 AM
I like playing online games like Mobile Legends on android. I also use two device one is my personal phone and one is a company phone but I prefer to use company phone cause it's faster than my personal phone. Playing one game in two device is hard to do but I use it as a backup when travelling on the road.
01-26-2017, 11:32 PM
don't have to relog.

I prefer playing MU Origin in Android device rather than iOS because in iOS I have to log in again, type in my log in name and password every time I get disconnected. Unlike in Android if I get disconnected all I have to do is run the app again.
01-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Pay to win games, and games made to charge. this with paywalls, etc. Coz on android, you can find ways to cheat and circumvent that paywall LOL

Game Center ID: SlighMD; Vainglory: SlighMD
Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-2944-6351-4901
Currently playing: Vainglory, Planescape: Torment
Waiting for: Oceanhorn 2, Dragon Quest VII (English), new Monster Hunter iOS game
02-10-2017, 03:35 AM
Almost anything you can find in IOS is already in Android. The only problem is most of the time a game is release first at IOS followed by Android. The good thing about android is most of the time the game is free to download unlike in apple.
03-31-2017, 02:35 AM
Titan Brawl, it is much faster on Android!